|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are an Australian-based modern mining company with a focus on copper. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX100), we own the Prominent Hill copper-gold mine, are currently constructing the ~A$1b Carrapateena copper-gold operation, have operating and exploration holdings in Brazil; as well as a significant pipeline of project opportunities with exploration earn-ins and projects under study.
By 2023 we will be a global, copper-core, Modern Mining Company, delivering superior value with multiple operating assets underpinned by a diverse exploration and project pipeline.
Our growth strategy is focused on value creation and we achieve success by creating value for all stakeholders, underpinned by safety, capital discipline and our How we work together principles – our foundations for success.
OZ Minerals is a copper-focused, global, modern mining company based in South Australia. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX100) OZ Minerals has a growth strategy focused on creating value for all stakeholders
We are working towards being a great Modern Mining Company. The difference between good companies and great companies is their ability to align their people and execute their strategy.
We value each employee and the unique contribution they bring to OZ Minerals. We’re excited to hear your ideas and the contribution you can make to helping us achieve our strategy. In the words of Steve Jobs “It doesn’t make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do. We hire smart people so they can tell us what to do”. We also genuinely care, we care about our people, our environment, the heritage of the peoples we work with and the communities we operate in.
Our strategy is anchored by stakeholder value and is underpinned by our How We Work Together principles. It outlines what we focus on, how we work, how we create value and how we deliver.
We are looking for a collaborative and innovative Community Relations Advisor to join the West Musgrave team based in Perth. Reporting to the Community Relations Superintendent, this 12 month fixed term FIFO opportunity will be responsible for developing and maintain relationships within our community and assist in the development of the Mining Agreement.
- Question the WHY; innovate and think differently.
- Be empowered to take responsibility for your own deliverables.
- Enjoy our flexible working culture, that focuses on WHAT you deliver, not WHERE you deliver it.
- Be a key contributor in the community consultation process to support the development of shared value within the region
- Support cultural heritage surveys and assist with the delivery and monitoring of the Cultural Heritage Management Plan
- Build relationships with communities and community members to support future stages of the West Musgrave Project
- Ensure that OZ Minerals Social Performance Standards are met or exceeded
- Meaningfully interact with all levels of OZ Minerals, external organisations, and service providers
- Assist with the development and delivery of Community Engagement Strategies that may include local employment, education and training, social investment strategies
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with and develop mutually beneficial relationships with communities and stakeholders
- Proven experience in working with land connected people in a community development context
- Experience in implementation and managing compliance of local level agreements
- Sound knowledge of Aboriginal Heritage requirements under Western Australia State and Commonwealth Heritage Acts.
- Experience in living and working with remote Aboriginal Communities
If the above excites you, and even makes you a little nervous, then we want you to apply! It’s an exciting and transformative time for us; and we need creative, collaborative and great people like you.
Applications close: Monday 30th November 2020
Exciting 12 month fixed term opportunity to join the West Musgrave Community team. Apply Now!