|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are an Australian-based modern mining company with a focus on copper. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX100), we own the Prominent Hill copper-gold mine, are currently constructing the ~A$1b Carrapateena copper-gold operation, have operating and exploration holdings in Brazil; as well as a significant pipeline of project opportunities with exploration earn-ins and projects under study.
By 2023 we will be a global, copper-core, Modern Mining Company, delivering superior value with multiple operating assets underpinned by a diverse exploration and project pipeline.
Our growth strategy is focused on value creation and we achieve success by creating value for all stakeholders, underpinned by safety, capital discipline and our How we work together principles – our foundations for success.
OZ Minerals is a copper-focused, global, modern mining company based in South Australia. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX100) OZ Minerals has a growth strategy focused on creating value for all stakeholders
We are working towards being a great Modern Mining Company. The difference between good companies and great companies is their ability to align their people and execute their strategy.
We value each employee and the unique contribution they bring to OZ Minerals. We’re excited to hear your ideas and the contribution you can make to helping us achieve our strategy. In the words of Steve Jobs “It doesn’t make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do. We hire smart people so they can tell us what to do”. We also genuinely care, we care about our people, our environment, the heritage of the peoples we work with and the communities we operate in.
Our strategy is anchored by stakeholder value and is underpinned by our How We Work Together principles. It outlines what we focus on, how we work, how we create value and how we deliver.
We are looking for a collaborative and innovative Technical Services Manager to join our West Musgrave team. Reporting to the General Manager, this permanent opportunity is responsible for leading the geology and mine planning functions to deliver superior results on time and safely.
- Question the WHY; innovate and think differently.
- Be empowered to take responsibility for your own deliverables.
- Enjoy our flexible working culture, that focuses on WHAT you deliver, not WHERE you deliver it.
- Continuous improvement of the site's safety, environment, and community relations performance.
- Develop integrated plans for the operation to bring together mining, processing and maintenance activities and teams.
- Develop necessary processes and systems across all technical disciplines and enable Operational Readiness for West Musgrave to be developed and delivered.
- Carry our reviews and optimisation studies to outline preferred strategic development options for the mine and surrounding mineralisation.
- Resource and Reserve Definition and Reporting, including establishing and implementing grade control, reconciliation, and reporting procedures.
- Develop and support the Technical Services team members through their professional development and mentoring.
- Leadership of large multi-disciplined technical teams.
- A curious mind prepared to constructively challenge prevailing assumptions and offer improved solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver an open and innovative team culture.
- Sound knowledge of statutory safety requirements relevant to construction and mining operations
- Experience working in open pit mining and processing operations.
- Formal qualifications in Mining Engineering, Geology, Geotechnical Engineering or Metallurgy.
If the above excites you, and even makes you a little nervous, then we want you to apply! It’s an exciting and transformative time for us; and we need creative, collaborative and great people like you.
Applications close: Monday 30th November 2020
Exciting opportunity to join the West Musgrave Project. Flex work opportunities avaiable! Apply Now!