At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About Nickel West
Nickel West is a fully integrated mine-to-market business. Our culture is rich with technical know-how, highly efficient and focused on innovation. The business employs over 2500 people from five operations across Western Australia comprising of nickel underground and open-cut mines, concentrators, a smelter and a refinery. We also have plans to expand our operations with new mines in the northern Goldfields and a large nickel sulphate plant in Kwinana.
A member of the BHP Group, Nickel West is undergoing an exciting business transformation to become a globally significant supplier of battery materials to the electric vehicle market. Nickel West will soon become the world’s largest producer of Nickel Sulphate, a key ingredient in lithium-ion batteries. As the world’s largest producer of nickel briquettes and nickel powder, Nickel West is leading the new-energy revolution in Western Australia.
Nickel West has an exciting future ahead. We invite you to join us at Nickel West as we seek to energize our future.
- Competitive salary on offer plus 12% superannuation and a range of company benefits
- Full-time as well as Part-time applicants are encouraged to apply
- BHP Nickel West actively supports a diverse workforce and encourages Female and Indigenous
Reporting to the Lead Mining Engineer, the role will be part of a small and highly capable team.
As an underground Mining Engineer this role is accountable for the completion of appropriate, accurate and timely designs and schedules, and assisting with operational support as required. Assist with budget and 5 year planning, to ensure the supply of Nickel to the integrated business.
This role will be challenging and will require your experience in Underground Mining to evaluate the performance of future underground operations to initiate planning, scheduling, design and operational changes that maximise safe Nickel production while minimising cost. You will the required to develop plans with consideration of finance, plant and personnel utilisation to ensure optimum return on expenditure taking cognisance of long and short term production targets.
- Experience in relevant mining engineering in an underground working environment. Bulk mining method experience is preferred, or be very willing to learn.
- Production experience with exposure to geotechnical issues including mining and producing in challenging ground conditions and application of ground support techniques in varying ground conditions
- Competent Deswik.CAD and Deswik.Scheduler skills required.
- High level of technical ability, attention to detail, planning and organisation skills.
- Ability to work under time pressures and meet deadlines. Focusing our efforts on the things that matter most.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team, supervisors, technical peers and management.
As part of the recruitment process for this position you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and participate in a background screen including a criminal history check, identity check and qualifications check.
Nickel West – Perth operates from City Square located in the heart of the Perth CBD. The building itself reflects the latest thinking in corporate workplace design and facilities with the centrepiece of the development being a 45 storey tower which is home to the other BHP group of companies in Western Australia.
Nickel West's Northern Operations encompasses our operations at Mt Keith, Cliffs and Leinster.
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program. BHP value and respect employees, offering an inclusive and diverse environment where you’ll experience:
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Child care facilities located at City Square where BHP Employees are given priority
- State of the art WIFI Facilities enables indoor and outdoor spaces
- Parent’s room available
Short listing for this position will commence on 30th November 2020 however we do reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated. To enable us to process your application as quickly as possible simply click on the ‘apply’ button below.