At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
This opportunity will allow you to demonstrate your skills and experience as a health professional working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, contractors, vendors and health providers. The health specialist is responsible for establishing professional and supportive Injury and Illness case management in accordance with internal guidelines and compliance with legislative requirements and regulations. This role is Queensland based and travel to site will be a frequent requirement in this role.
You will work as part of a dynamic team with a strong health and wellness focus, be enthusiastic, with a passion to make a difference in the Health and Safety of others as well as driving the right behaviours through coaching and motivating people to achieve outcomes and influencing change.
In this role you will:
- Create a culture that promotes adherence to health surveillance to reduce occupational illness and exposures
- Coordinate case management with the Workers’ Compensation provider, medical and allied health professionals
- Communication and consultation with medical and allied health providers and stakeholders
- Coordinate effective delivery of treatment services ensuring that workers are appropriately assessed and that all relevant testing requirements are addressed and compliance is managed
- Delivering and monitoring health strategies and injury and illness prevention initiatives
- Compiling standardised reports, documenting injury and illness classification utilising company standards and OSHA reporting guidelines
- Governance and verification of health data collection and reporting according to internal procedures and regulatory requirements
- Thorough understanding of risk management principles working with safety and health systems, auditing, participating in injury and illness incident reporting and incident investigations
- Engaging stakeholders to assess and monitor fitness for work of employees and contractors
- Supporting the delivery of health promotion and encouraging a mentally healthy workforce
You will have a strong health background likely to be tertiary qualified in Allied Health discipline such as Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Nursing or other Health discipline with clinical experience (e.g. Paramedic or Exercise Physiologist). AHPRA registration or member of organizational governing body is desirable.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have experience in a health related discipline with strong injury and illness case management, health assessment & clinical interpretation skills.
Preferably you will have experience in occupational health delivery in mining or similar industry will be highly regarded.
Energetic and driven, you work well with challenges, bringing attention to detail and an ability to meet multiple deadlines. You relate well with people, communicate confidently and build strong working relationships.
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.