|Job Type:||Full Time|
LocationKalgoorlie (Broadwood), Australia
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a leading supplier of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry, and our operations and organizations are spread around the globe. We offer you a world of opportunities and our diverse businesses and cross-border networks enable you to explore your potential and thrive.
The key focus of this role is being responsible for the safety of personnel and the profitability of the Aftermarket Repair business in Australia, and ensuring all internal work, warranty, new equipment deliveries etc. are completed in a timely manner and as per required Key Performance indicators. It will entail managing the activities of all trades people who are involved in all areas of the workshop and Field Service and will include liaison with various internal and external stakeholders.
Key performance areas
- Adhere to all Sandvik and EHS Policies & Procedures
- Time sheet checking and approval for all direct reports and contractors
- Manage and lead weekly WIP meeting
- Plan morning shift start meetings
- Attend majority of morning shift start meetings
- Prepare monthly and weekly reports as required
- Communicate clearly and work with the field service team to resolve issues and provide consistent support in the region
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships
- Motivate, train and lead team members
- Ensure that all statutory requirements and approvals are as per standards and customers’ requirements
- Provide an effective communication link between all staff and the other areas of the business
- Provide support to and share labour resources with peer supervisors to achieve goals
You will have previous experience supervising in a mechanical workshop environment. Familiarity with Sandvik’s product range will give you a distinct advantage. You possess a technical diploma or certification in a mechanical or electrical discipline, along with a minimum of 5 years’ experience with mining industry specific equipment, preferably underground equipment. You will have a strong customer service focus, an ability to work under pressure and a high level of professionalism, honesty and integrity.
You will have demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to motivate others to achieve outcomes. Your interpersonal skills will be highly developed, including the ability to negotiate with customers. You will possess a sound understanding of the Mining industry and its business processes. This role will require 25% domestic travel.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
Our core values are the soul of the company. They guide us in our actions and daily business decisions. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are a core value (Fair Play).
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this we always act in line with our high ethical standards. Putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
We are a company with an open-minded culture, actively working to create a workplace that is characterized by diversity and inclusion.
What we offer
- A competitive remuneration package
- Superannuation that’s 2.5% above the superannuation guarantee
- An Employee Benefits Program
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies.
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employee’s who want to improve their health and welling.
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits here.
Our Company and Culture
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
07 3621 1823
Applications close: 30 November 2020 or sooner if the right applicant is found
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and sustainability. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry and rock excavation within the construction industry; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2019, the Group had approximately 40,000 employees and revenues of about 100 billion SEK in more than 160 countries within continuing operations.