South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America. We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Eagle Downs is a large, high quality and fully permitted metallurgical coal development project located approximately 25km south-east of the town of Moranbah.
About the role
Reporting to the HSE Lead this role provides specialist support to site-based operational and functional teams on all environmental management aspects.
Other accountabilities include:
- Contribute to an inclusive workplace with a strong culture of care and accountability
- Maintenance of existing approvals, authorisations and licences, including managing amendments and/or obtaining new licences to sustain production
- Conduct analysis, implement systems and processes that enable line leaders to understand and meet their regulatory commitments specific to environment
- Design and execute environmental monitoring programs, ensuring the programs are fit for purpose, aligned with regulatory requirements and the operational risk profile
- Identify and coordinate/execute site specific improvement initiatives that will deliver a more efficient or effective functional service or support improved environmental outcomes at the operation
- Provide input into the risk identification and assessment process, including design control principles and supporting documentation
- Bachelor Degree in Environmental Science/Engineering (or similar)
- Proven experience working in Environment, Planning or Community Relations within the mining or heavy industry
- Detailed understanding of local regulatory requirements and environmental licencing arrangements
- Sound understanding of environmental management processes and technologies
- Demonstrated ability to influence small groups of internal stakeholders through effective data analysis and communication skills
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing business needs and circumstances
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Excellent skills in managing time, setting priorities, planning, communicating and organising
- Competitive salaries
- FIFO or residential
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.