South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America. We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Eagle Downs is a large, high quality and fully permitted metallurgical coal development project located approximately 25km south-east of the town of Moranbah.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to lead the Eagle Downs Operations Manager to effectively manage the execution of activities that the HSE function is accountable for at the Eagle Downs project
Other accountabilities include:
- Lead, coach and mentor team members to deliver against the Eagle Downs HSE Operations goals.
- Manage the safe execution of HSE accountable work for the Eagle Downs operations
- Provide technical HSE support during the initial feasibility, design and construction phases to ensure consideration is given to emerging industry best practices, and compliance to Queensland coal legislative requirements
- Develop the Eagle Downs HSE Operations goals, based on the HSE strategy
- Monitor Eagle Downs G360 work management process metrics and contribute to initiatives to improve the planning and execution of HSE function owned work, and work associated with HSE critical controls
- Manage the Eagle Downs HSE Operations operating budget, including input during the HSE budget development
- Undergraduate or post graduate qualifications in a Health, Environment, Psychology or Safety related field
- Professional who has guided, developed and influenced practicein the HSE area with extensive experience in a relevant industry.
- Knowledge of key concepts, theories and practices related to the effective management of HSE related risks.
- Sound report writing skills, including preparing reports to the Board
- Ability to influence and gain the trust of an Executive Leadership team
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Experience in forming and leading effective teams
- Proven contribution in establishing work plans and leading the delivery of those plans, based on effective leadership
- Demonstrated experience in executing technical HSE related work
- Proven experience in a QLD coal operation, including responsibility for budgets at a work team level
- Competitive salaries
- FIFO or residential
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.