South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America. We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
About the role
Reporting to the Supply Category Lead, the purpose of this role is to provide specialist advice and execute Category Management activities to safely and sustainably increase productivity, lower costs, manage risks and unlock organisational value.
- Drives cross-functional outcomes through collaborative engagement and influencing underpinned by deep sourcing expertise and end-to-end category and contract management;
- Works collaboratively with our Planning, Projects, Operations and Functional Teams in order to develop and execute a robust Sourcing Plan while addressing the future needs of the business.
- Responsible for (but not limited to) key operational categories that include – heavy mobile equipment, fixed plant, fuel, explosives, logistics, tyres and freight
- Contributes to an inclusive culture that strives to drive value and innovation;
- Identify and drive value adding initiatives across the business for the benefit of the organisation;
- Undertakes sourcing activities within the Category to source goods and / or services to ensure business continuity and optimal commercial outcomes.
- National Diploma or advanced certificate / Equivalent (3yrs)
- Experience in developing commercial strategies and leading negotiations
- Sound understanding of financial and business concepts to analyse and maximize commercial contracting outcomes
- Min 5 years in a Commercial/ Supply environment, Mining & Metals will be preferred.
- Strategic sourcing or category management experience in energy markets will be viewed favourably
What does South32 offer?
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Superannuation matching contributions
- Education and career development
- Participation in the South32 Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.