|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Diverse & challenging projects with our Rio Tinto Procurement team
- Permanent role based in Perth, WA.
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Specialist Travel to support Rio Tinto globally in successfully managing its travel and expense management expenditure through professionally executing fit for purpose category strategies that deliver against key priority areas of Safety, People, Value, Partnership and Growth.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a team of highly-experienced Procurement professionals who are accountable for managing the Travel and Expense category portfolio globally, including commercial travel - charter and regular intra and internationally; expense management, short term accommodation, car hire and evacuation services.
Reporting to the Manager Global Travel and Expenses and working in a challenging and exciting environment within the Global Travel and Expenses team, you will be:
- Delivering Global Travel and Expense category strategies that are approved by the Business, in-line the Rio Tinto Unit requirements, strategic plans and goals;
- Creating and/or participating in key control points including – but not limited to Category strategy endorsement, Negotiation plan approval and Recommendation to award approval.
- Lead and/or support negotiations with key suppliers to ensure maximum benefits to Rio Tinto Business Units.
- Influencing key stakeholders to enable the delivery of key strategic initiatives.
- Managing and assessing supplier performance to ensure adherence to contract obligations and driving optimal delivery of added value.
- Researching and updating knowledge of relevant category to identify opportunities for improvement within the category; and applying them to the benefit of Rio Tinto Business Units for improved effectiveness and efficiency.
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team.
- Minimum Bachelor degree qualification in a relevant field, including Commerce, Engineering and/ or Law.
- Desirable to have Finance; QS and/ or Data Analytics qualifications.
- Strong investigative and analytical skills to establish robust category fact bases
- Strong communication and stakeholder management and negotiation skills.
- Significant professional experience in contracts and category; indirect category management is desirable.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite, in particular Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
What we offer
- Competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP) for eligible employees
- Flexible work arrangements will be supported for this role
- Generous leave entitlements
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Learning and development opportunities to support your desired technical, or leadership career path
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminum – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
Rio Tinto Procurement provides supply chain services that deliver value to the Rio Tinto Group through the strategic sourcing of goods and services for all operations and businesses. Value is enabled through close collaboration with business unit stakeholders to gain a deep understanding of requirements, and then delivered through uniformed processes, e-technology, increased corporate social responsibility and measurable value delivery for the Rio Tinto Group.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.