|Job Type:||Full Time|
Principal Heavy Mobile Equipment - Fleet Strategy and Planning
- Join our global leading business offering outstanding personal development & global career opportunities
- Deliver world class engineering and asset management services
- Permanent employment which includes a huge range of additional benefits
- Be home every night and enjoy flexible working arrangements in Perth
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Principal Heavy Mobile Equipment - Fleet Strategy and Planning to partner with our key internal stakeholders and deliver an optimized fleet plan and world-class heavy mobile equipment (HME) asset management and engineering services across our integrated portfolio of iron ore assets.
We are an open, connected global team that includes some of the industry’s best and brightest minds. We offer competitive, performance-focused remuneration and a wide range of benefits to reward your contribution. With a global reach, the opportunities to develop and grow your career are broad and exciting.
Reporting to the Manager HME Engineering, this is a great opportunity for a technical leader with great communication skills to lead a technical team. You will be joining an experienced, stable and knowledgeable team of HME subject matter experts whose expertise spans across HME engineering, reliability, fleet planning and strategy within our Iron Ore, Asset Management and Engineering Services department. You will be:
- HME fleet; working with our mine technical services colleagues, and other key stakeholders, to understand the upcoming HME hours required at each of our iron ore sites. This equipment requirement translates to an equipment plan where we can identify whether HME be moved between sites or whether there is a requirement to purchase additional HME.
- Regularly engage with each of the iron ore sites, liaising with general managers, mining and mobile equipment managers across our iron ore sites, regional AMES managers, mine technical services colleagues as well as functional areas of the business including supply chain, finance, commercial and sustaining capital delivery teams.
- Working with our procurement function to engage our HME suppliers with relation to manufacturer related issues
What you’ll bring
The challenge that comes with managing such a significant stakeholder group, the geographical landscape of our operations and the scale of our HME fleet cannot be underestimated. There are also plenty of opportunities for you to make a difference in this role and you'll be supported by your leader to bring a deep curiosity to you work in identifying and delivering tangible business improvement.
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- The ability to lead a small team to achieve success
- Exposure to mine engineering and/or planning practices
- The ability to positively influence and engage with internal stakeholders across our integrated portfolio of iron ore assets
What we offer
- Discounted Health cover scheme (Medibank) for employees and their immediate family
- Salary sacrifice & packaging options – rental, mortgage, super, vehicle
- Paid parental leave up to 9 months
- Employee discounts – banking, accommodation, motoring, retail and more
- Eligible for the Rio Tinto employee share programme
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Learning and development opportunities to support your desired technical or leadership career path
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers –generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress. Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminum – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” –helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
Working Monday to Friday, you can base yourself at our state-of-the-art operations centre in Belmont and/or head office in Perth CBD with the option to work remotely (from home) regularly. There will also be a requirement to travel to our iron ore sites from time to time.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome –they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.