|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mobile Maintenance Planner
- Join our global leading business offering outstanding personal development & global career opportunities
- Health cover scheme for employees and their immediate family
- FIFO 5 days on 2 off, 4 days on 3 off roster – Brockman
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Mobile Maintenance Planner to join the Maintenance Operations team and help us excel at safely maintaining an extensive mobile fleet through effective preparation and delivery of short-term maintenance planning.
This is a great opportunity for a professional who is looking to grow their skills to move forward with the business as career opportunities arise.
We are an open, connected international team of technical specialists using some of the most exciting data and tools on the planet. We are the world leader in automation and smart mining.
We have technical development programmes that are industry-leading and recognise the unique nature of your role. These provide opportunities to grow your career through a dedicated technical path while being rewarded for your unique skills.
Reporting to the Superintendent Asset Management Brockman and working in a challenging and exciting environment you will be:
- Detail planning of jobs in SAP, capturing improvement changes, developing estimations of resource requirements and materials;
- Create, publish and track the budget for area of responsibility;
- Prioritising work with the Supervisors, Superintendents and external departments, utilising your considerable stakeholder and relationship building skills;
- Developing and refining the scheduled outage forecast for designated site working with site and the central teams to optimise and manage business impact;
- Ability to think outside the box to safely reduced shutdown duration's where possible;
- Participation in Zero Based Budget development;
- Work closely with a variety of stakeholders across the organisation to identifying and implementing opportunities for continuous improvement and ensure there is effective communication of the plans to ensure appropriate risk management strategies are in place.
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team;
- Demonstrated skills in maintenance planning or scheduling within the resources industry;
- Strong mechanical background with experience in maintenance of mobile equipment;
- Detail understanding of Work Management and Zero-Based Budgeting principles;
- Previous experience utilising a Computerised Maintenance Management System (SAP experience will be highly regarded);
- A current and valid manual ‘C Class’ driver's license.
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- A Trade qualification or equivalent;
- Experience in Planning for Cat, Scania and light vehicle fleets.
What we offer
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority;
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto;
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with Annual incentive program;
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family;
- Attractive share ownership plan;
- Company provided insurance cover;
- Extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options;
- Career development and education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions;
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support;
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave);
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more).
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly in and fly out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.
Applications close on 29th November 2020 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.