|Job Type:||Full Time|
Principal Advisor Communications
- Push the boundaries creatively
- Be part of a newly established delivery team bringing innovation to communications work
- Permanent opportunity | Brisbane, Perth or Montreal
About your role
Your role as Principal Advisor Communications in our newly established delivery centre will involve managing complex, cross-channel communications strategies. You will bolster the way we support and communicate about our business functions using creativity and innovation. Working closely with your communications colleagues, this will involve advising and supporting executive-level leaders on how to deliver compelling messages to both internal and external audiences and supporting strategic functional projects. Reporting to the Manager communications delivery and functional projects you will:
- Develop and execute internal and external communications strategies that drive awareness of functional initiatives and strategic projects
- Provide effective communications and change advisory support that engages employees and inspires their action and commitment
- Bring creative and innovative ideas to take our communications work to the next level
- Keep up-to-date with the latest innovations and applications in communications techniques, tools and technologies
- Use data-driven insights to continuously improve communications outcomes
- Have a knack for producing communications that can easily be re-worked without too much effort or easily replicated across different business functions
- Write, edit and review features stories, speeches/presentations and other content in support of senior leaders and/or strategic business imperatives
- Support senior-level or large-scale internal events or meetings in a communications capacity, such as board meetings or visits, executive committee presentations etc.
- Coach senior leaders and others on how to be better communicators, empowering them to lead their people more effectively
- Champion branding guidelines and standards, ensuring communications materials are consistent and high-quality
You will bring your creativity and help us shape new ways of working in communications. You like variety in your work day, switching easily from one communications topic to the next. You’re an expert at merging the written word with visually appealing content and insightful data to produce ‘killer’ presentations, internal campaigns and communications materials.
Communicating with different seniority levels doesn’t phase you, and you enjoy collaborating with other team members to execute communications that stand out and have impact in the organisation. You see being part of a global team, which is able to work across different time zones, as an advantage and can leverage this to maximum benefit for the business.
- Competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP) for eligible employees
- Paid parental leave up to 9 months.
- Flexible work arrangements will be supported for this role
- Generous leave entitlements
- Discounted Health cover scheme (Medibank) for employees and their immediate family.
- Eligible for the Rio Tinto employee share programme.
- Salary sacrifice & packaging options - rental, mortgage, super, vehicle.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Learning and development opportunities to support your desired technical, or leadership career path
- We also offer exclusive employee discounts all over the world together with a wellness program for physical and mental wellbeing through fitness and activity allowances.
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you will be working
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.