|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Grow your communications knowledge and skills
- Join a team passionate about delivering innovative and impactful communications
- Permanent opportunity | Brisbane, Perth or Montreal
About your role
You will gain valuable experience and further your knowledge of communications as Communications Specialist in our newly established communications delivery centre. Reporting to the Manager communications delivery and functional projects this role touches on all areas of communications, including planning, writing, templates and more. You will be part of a team of highly-experienced communicators, bringing creativity and innovation to the way we work to support the business functions. You will:
- Source, generate and produce communications materials, including writing stories, producing electronic newsletters, creating digital signs, filming videos etc.
- Develop simple communications plans, making use of proven tactics and approaches that deliver successful outcomes
- Contribute to the execution of internal and external communications strategies
- Prepare submissions for Group-wide communications channels, such as Leader Connect, People Roundup, Communications Heads up and country events calendars
- Update Element (intranet) and website pages
- Assist with gathering communications data and information for reporting purposes and keeping track of communications delivery centre performance
- Maintain communications templates, tools and repositories (for example, BrandBank imagery)
- Organise and liaise with agencies to translate communications into multiple languages
You are eager to learn, take on new challenges and thrive in a team environment. You have knowledge of and some experience in corporate communications principles and practices, and excellent communications skills (both written and verbal). Handling multiple tasks and tight deadlines is no sweat for you, and you can organise and prioritise with little supervision. You are also tech-savvy and can quickly and easily pick-up new communications techniques, tools and technologies.
- Competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP) for eligible employees
- Paid parental leave up to 9 months.
- Flexible work arrangements will be supported for this role
- Generous leave entitlements
- Discounted Health cover scheme (Medibank) for employees and their immediate family.
- Eligible for the Rio Tinto employee share programme.
- Salary sacrifice & packaging options - rental, mortgage, super, vehicle.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Learning and development opportunities to support your desired technical, or leadership career path
- We also offer exclusive employee discounts all over the world together with a wellness program for physical and mental wellbeing through fitness and activity allowances.
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminum – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you will be working
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.