|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Communications Advisor
- Take global functional communications to the next level
- Be part of a newly established creative and consultative delivery team
- Permanent opportunity | Brisbane, Perth or Montreal
About your role
As Senior Communications Advisor in our newly established communications delivery centre, you will bring innovative ideas that create or enhance existing communications systems, processes and channels. Working with a team of dedicated, diverse and innovative colleagues, you will create compelling communications plans and materials that help our global functional teams connect with the business. You will have a flair for storytelling that simplifies corporate and technical complexity, and captivates internal and external audiences. Reporting to the Manager communications delivery and functional projects you will:
- Provide communications planning and support for strategic functional projects, taking a consultative, influential and positive approach
- Partner with colleagues and global functional teams in the business on communications initiatives to increase employee engagement and business performance
- Bring innovative ideas to create or enhance internal and external communications channels, systems and processes
- Create and manage the execution of memorable and engaging videos and animations
- Write and edit or liaise with freelancers on good news stories, case studies and content for a variety of communications channels
- Support Group executives with employee engagement events (e.g. webex, town halls)
- Manage intranet (Element) pages for functions
- Deliver effective leader communications and storytelling training
- Provide advice on application of branding guidelines and standards, ensuring communications materials are consistent and high-quality
We are looking for someone who is a creative thinker to help us get critical messages out in a meaningful and impactful way.
You will know about and/or are familiar with the latest available communications tools and technologies, and how to leverage these for maximum effect to both support your colleagues and deliver results to the business.
You thrive on variety – that is producing communications materials on different topics and subject matter – and are able to cut through complexity, transforming technical and corporate content into engaging and effective communications.
You’re able to prioritise with ease, successfully balancing the needs of multiple and demanding stakeholders, and you can always be counted on to support and deliver for the team.
- Competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP) for eligible employees
- Paid parental leave up to 9 months.
- Flexible work arrangements will be supported for this role
- Generous leave entitlements
- Discounted Health cover scheme (Medibank) for employees and their immediate family.
- Eligible for the Rio Tinto employee share programme.
- Salary sacrifice & packaging options - rental, mortgage, super, vehicle.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Learning and development opportunities to support your desired technical, or leadership career path
- We also offer exclusive employee discounts all over the world together with a wellness program for physical and mental wellbeing through fitness and activity allowances.
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you will be working
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.