|Job Type:||Full Time|
Heavy Duty Mechanic – Dampier Salt Limited
- Work in a diverse team to increase performance and reliability
- Great Career Opportunity
- Live the coastal residential lifestyle – Karratha - Dampier
About the role
We are looking for a Mobile Equipment Maintainer to perform preventative and breakdown maintenance assigned tasks across our HME fleet. The fleet predominately consists of Scania, Caterpillar Loader, Dozers, and Graders and is inclusive of light vehicles.
This role is a great opportunity for an experienced and ambitious tradesperson with a strong background in mobile maintenance to work in a fast-paced environment. You will be self-motivated to deliver timely maintenance execution activities that ensure the smooth running of our mobile fleet and have the ability to resolve issues that have the potential to significantly affect the availability of our HME and LME fleet.
Working a 4 days on, 4 days off roster and reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be required to:
- Maintain the HME fleet in a safe and effective manner
- Identify opportunities for improvements in machinery and work procedures along with general mechanical problem solving and liaising with the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
- Utilise the SAP system to ensure that maintenance tasks and progress are continuously recorded
- Work effectively within maintenance to schedule
- Complete all requirements related to data collection or recording
- Provide the Planning team with a detailed scope for upcoming work activities
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- A relevant Trade qualification in a heavy vehicle background
- Demonstrated practical experience in a mobile equipment maintenance role
- Exposure to safety systems within a large mining company
- Working knowledge of general mining equipment and the fundamentals of equipment maintenance
- An Australian manual C class drivers’ licence
- The desire to relocate to the area
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Rigging and/or Dogging competency
- Forklift competency
- Experience on equipment including Caterpillar, Scania and Ancillary equipment
- SAP experience
Where you will be working
The position is at our Dampier operation. Dampier Salt has three operations located at Dampier, Port Hedland and Lake MacLeod and is headquartered in Perth, Western Australia. Produced through a sustainable process of solar evaporation of sea water, we reliably deliver high quality salt essential for making thousands of products used in everyday life. Gypsum is additionally mined and processed at our Lake MacLeod operations.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Application for this role will close on the 29th of November 2020, however we reserve the right to close it sooner, so apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
This role is open to applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Karratha/Dampier, Western Australia.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions. You may also be required to complete on-line assessments as part of the selection process.