|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Rheinmetall Defence Australia
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) is a major Defence company with operations across Australia and New Zealand delivering specialist Defence capability to the Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force. RDA is a subsidiary of Rheinmetall Group, a global Defence and Automotive technology group based in Dusseldorf, Germany. RDA is a trusted partner to the ADF through its three divisions - Vehicle Systems, Electronics Solutions and Weapons, Ammunition & Protection.
RDA is rapidly growing its Australian footprint to deliver system solutions and capability to the ADF in the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection, and sustainment.
About the role
The Project Quality Manager is responsible for ensuring that the implementation of their assigned projects complies with the contractual, customer-specific, project-relevant and company-internal quality requirements for the products and the processes used.
In this role you are required to develop methods and tools of quality, derive essential test points and criteria and ensure that the defined measures are carried out.
Some of your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Planning, coordination and controlling of project quality management;
- Evaluation of customer requirements and definition / deduction of project quality requirements in order to fulfill customer requirements;
- Create, maintain, review and release of project documents;
- Defining quality management and quality assurance standards with the locations and supporting implementation;
- Develop and maintain product specific quality plans;
- Develop Test & Inspection Plans and specifications;
- Conduct Failure Management, Deviation Management and complaint Management;
- Conduct Quality Control and Quality Inspection and internal audits;
- Planning, coordination and conduction of acceptance tests (FAT/SAT);
- Creation of quality requirements for supplier contracts/commissions;
- Defining and managing overall measures for quality improvement; and
- Reporting of project status and provide engineering support.
What are we looking for?
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Respect, Trust and Openness. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role includes:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, (Electrical, Mechanical and Computer Science);
- Demonstrated experience in a quality assurance role in electrical or mechanical industry;
- Experience as a Quality Assurance Manager on multidisciplinary (hardware, software and mechanical) engineering project(s) would be advantageous;
- Comprehensive understanding of ISO 9000 and NATO Allied Quality Assurance Publications;
- Good IT knowledge (particularly of SAP QM);
- An ability to demonstrate soft skills including a high levels of independence, the ability to communicate complex ideas to a diverse audience, and conflict management and resolution
- Sound computer literacy skills; and
- Be eligible for an Australian Government Security Clearance and have the capacity to satisfy pre-employment screening.
What's on offer?
- Working in a great team and with exciting products
- Opportunity for career development and further training
- Strong links to our global Rheinmetall community
- Opportunity to work on major projects such as LAND 400
- Attractive Remuneration package with salary sacrificing & novated leases
- Flexibility in workplace settings offering opportunities to work in multiple locations
- Corporate discounts with gyms, private health funds and various car dealerships
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their families overall wellbeing
Join an inclusive culture
Rheinmetall recognises the strength that comes with employee diversity. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment where each employee is treated fairly and respectfully. Diversity is critical to our ability to work successfully as a team regardless of borders, language or culture. Our workforce includes employees of varying gender, age, race and ethnicity, professional and cultural background.
Veterans are always encouraged to apply for roles at Rheinmetall where they can bring select skills and expertise to the delivery of products and services for our customer.
If you are ready to take the next step, Apply Now!
Rheinmetall may use various recruitment and selection tools and techniques as part of our process, such as video interviewing, online assessments, face-to-face interviews and assessment centres.
The preferred candidate will be required to complete RDA’s background checks including pre-employment verification and national police checks.
Applications close: 30 November 2020
For further information about this opportunity, please call Tali Butler on 0428 881 736 and quote Ref#AU00228.