About the Role
Assist the Head of Compliance to monitor and support the regulatory compliance framework for MLC Wealth that operates cohesively with the operational risk framework, and that is integrated into day to day MLC Wealth business policies, procedures and processes, meeting the needs of end users. This includes measurement of levels of maturity of the framework within MLC Wealth, reporting and escalation of compliance issues to management & risk committees. Key responsibilities will include;
- The provision of technical advice and support to Business Risk & Resilience (BRR) and Management on key compliance changes;
- Undertake assurance testing to support business stakeholders (including BRR) on key compliance obligations;
- Coordinate efficient, effective, and timely compliance reporting to relevant stakeholders (BRR partners, Business , Assurance Services etc)
- Provide subject matter expertise input into the development of a robust compliance training program for MLC Wealth
- Ensure Risk System is up to date and with regard to Obligations and controls;
- Alignment with Regulatory Change team
Key skills and experiences required for this role will include;
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Commerce, Banking, Economics, Finance or Law
- Likely to have indicative experience in operational risk and compliance in financial services of 3-5years
- Decision making – makes effective decisions whilst balancing the competing demands of various stakeholders
- Change management – able to innovatively change the game, challenge assumptions and free up the system.
At MLC Wealth, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting our people as you help us build a business and culture that affects positive change for our clients and community.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
How to Apply
If you're ready for the next step, click apply and submit your application via our careers site!