|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Downer Hamilton Transport Services team needs physically fit and motivated people to join our crew and lend a helping hand as a General Labourer. This is an entry level opportunity for people interested in civil construction and roading. You will be involved in the general operation of trucks and machinery as well as day to day manual labouring duties.
We offer plenty of development opportunities for our Labourers who put in the hard yards, we support and encourage training and upskilling. You will be responsible for:
- Helping with safe site setup for your crew and the general public
- Ensuring efficient use of materials, supplies and equipment
- Working as part of a cohesive team to deliver to projects
- Being open and willing to develop your skill set and advance your career
If you enjoy spending your days outdoors and getting involved in practical work, this is the job for you!
So what do we offer?
- A stable working environment
- Full time hours guaranteed – minimum 40 hours per week with paid overtime and meal allowances
- The chance to join a passionate team that likes to have a laugh while getting the job done
- A real focus on a safe working environment with all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided
- Extensive training to develop your skillset and propel your career forward
Along with a positive attitude and a commitment to safe workplace practises, we are looking for you to have:
- Class 1 – Full New Zealand Drivers Licence
- The ability to work well within a team and alone when required
- A can-do attitude with a good work ethic
- Demonstrated that you are reliable and dependable
It also helps if you have the following, however these are not deal breakers and training can be provided:
- Class 2 - 4 Drivers Licences and WTR endorsements
- Experience operating a variety of civil machinery
Ultimately we are looking for individuals who are willing to learn, grow and develop themselves within our business.
How to apply?
If you’re looking for a reliable job opportunity, head to www.downercareers.co.nz, search 574805 and register your interest. Alternately, drop your CV into your local depot today!
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.