|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand has a proud history that can be traced back to 1870, and today we are NZ’s leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment is building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions. The key to our success is our people who, on a day-to-day basis, they stand and deliver the company's core values of Excellence, Courage, Collaboration & Integrity across a diverse landscape of markets. We are proud of what we do, and that we support the well-being of the communities we work, live and play in.
Downer is a significant player in the telecommunications industry within New Zealand. We are growing our business through delivering consistent service, excellence and results and through developing inspirational leadership with our people and customers. We have an exciting opportunity for a Property Project Manager to join our team.
This is a key role delivering a programme of work for our Client involving project and maintenance work across a unique and diverse property portfolio. The work includes scoping and delivering a range of property related projects and as such, we are looking for an experienced Project Manager from a Building, Facilities or Asset Management background that can implement value adding solutions and deliver end to end from scoping through delivery and closeout.
To be successful in the role the right candidate need solid project management skills, an ability to influence subcontractors to meeting Downer high expectations in Health and Safety and Quality. The role requires regional travel to lead from the front line and strong stakeholder relationships skills to work in a collaborative environment. Naturally, you will have experience in delivery to contractual obligations and high levels of business acumen.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract and for the right candidate, we could potentially offer the flexibility of working part-time (3 days a week).
This is a busy position and requires a structured approach in order to build constructive relationships and prioritise workload. There will also be a high degree of autonomy and liaising with our clients and suppliers both internal and external to produce required outcomes while ensuring customer satisfaction to the highest level.
- Experience in Building Construction / Facilities Management or Building Services (electrical, HVAC, mechanical) engineering is an advantage
- Demonstrated experience in operational leadership of a multi trade service delivery team
- Experience driving operational activities to ensure quality is achieved, work completed to schedule and rework is minimised
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to influence
- Ability to analyse problems and make sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and cost
- A strong track record that clearly demonstrates leadership behaviours that empower others
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a high literacy and numerical standard
- Be computer literate with intermediate level Microsoft Office skills
- Hold a Full NZ Driver’s Licence and undertake travel across NZ as required
- Ability to work on the front line managing Subcontractors with a strong focus on Health and Safety.
- Someone who works well in a team and can engage with Customer to represent Downer values.
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 574683 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.