|Job Type:||Full Time|
Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions.
We are responsible for strategy, planning, policy, regulation, funding allocation and other non-service delivery functions for all modes of transport in NSW including road, rail, ferry, light rail, point to point, regional air, cycling and walking.
We focus on improving the customer experience and contract public and private operators to deliver customer-focused transport services on our behalf.
We also lead the procurement of transport infrastructure and oversee delivery through project delivery offices and industry delivery partners.
About Sydney Metro
Transport for NSW is delivering a once-in-a-century investment into new infrastructure and services, including Sydney Metro. The first line of this new fully automated railway opened in 2019 and by 2024 will deliver 31 metro stations and more than 66km of metro rail. Planning is also underway for future lines which will shape the way Australia’s largest city travels, making Sydney Metro the biggest public transport project in the nation’s history.
Northwest Project Delivery
The Northwest Project Delivery team is proud to have delivered the first exciting instalment of the Sydney Metro railway. Since 2011, more than 22,000 people worked on the project which was proudly opened in May 2019. Sydney Metro Northwest was full of Australian firsts, including the first cable-stayed railway bridge built on a curve, glass barrier technology to keep people safe and video help points at every station.
Right now, we have an opportunity for an experience Manager Service & Quality Assurance candidate to join us in the Operations, Customers & Places division of Sydney Metro.
Sydney Metro operates under a matrix reporting model across functional and implemention groups, or project work streams. This role reports directly to the Senior Manager Safety & Quality and the Deputy Executive Director, Northwest Operations.
The primary purpose of the role is to assess the performance of Sydney Metro’s private operator in relation to its day-to-day management of station and train environment. These assessments will focus on key customer satisfaction measures – principally, the cleanliness and rectification of vandalism.
What you will be involved in
- Undertake inspections of the station precincts and trains forming Northwest Metro, liaising with representatives from Sydney Metro’s private operator to ensure the operator meets its contractual obligations in relation to the cleanliness of trains, stations and public areas and the measures associated with the train and station environment (lighting and temperature)
- Assess the performance of Sydney Metro’s private operator in accordance with defined criteria and methodologies, providing appropriate evidence-based scores (including written explanations and photographs)
- Record assessments through the use of equipment (tablet computer) and measuring metrics associated with the train and station environment (temperature and light levels)
- Create an Inspections plan for each operating quarter, adjusting as required in response to emerging issues or areas of concern, and provide weekly reporting on progress to achieving the minimum quota of assessments per quarter, in accordance with the agreed inspection plan
- Compile and distribute inspection reports, using standard office applications (MS Office, Adobe products) to provide information and updates
- Respond as required to ad-hoc queries from customers to support customer service excellence (noting that, whilst this role is not intended as a front-line customer service role, the required duties will result in customer interactions)
You have significant specialist qualifications and experience in the field of Transport Infrastructure/ safe engineering and standards and/or equivalent technical knowledge.
You are tertiary qualified in a relevant discipline and/or demonstrate professional experience.
You have extensive leadership experience
Strong influence & negotiation skills
Want to know more?
Salary and Benefits
$135, 898 - $152, 204
For more information on Employee Benefits at Sydney Metro please click here.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. At Transport for NSW, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve.
We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation.
Right now is an exciting time to join our team as we deliver an iconic $55.6 billion investment into future transport infrastructure and services over 40 years. Be a part of something big!
To register your interest please click the apply now button to submit your updated resume and complete the online application process. For any further enquiries, please contact Amber Travers on email@example.com
Find out more about Sydney Metro at https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/sydney-metro
Closing date: Monday, 30th of November 2020