|Job Type:||Full Time|
Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions.
We are responsible for strategy, planning, policy, regulation, funding allocation and other non-service delivery functions for all modes of transport in NSW including road, rail, ferry, light rail, point to point, regional air, cycling and walking.
We focus on improving the customer experience and contract public and private operators to deliver customer-focused transport services on our behalf.
We also lead the procurement of transport infrastructure and oversee delivery through project delivery offices and industry delivery partners.
About Sydney Metro
Sydney Metro is leading Australia’s biggest public transport infrastructure program; developing, delivering and operating a new world-class metro railway system for Sydney. Our multi-disciplinary team have set out to transform the way Sydney travels and shaping the future of Australia’s largest city.
Northwest Project Delivery
The Northwest Project Delivery team is proud to have delivered the first exciting instalment of the Sydney Metro railway. Since 2011, more than 22,000 people worked on the project which was proudly opened in May 2019. Sydney Metro Northwest was full of Australian firsts, including the first cable-stayed railway bridge built on a curve, glass barrier technology to keep people safe and video help points at every station.
Right now, we have a unique opportunity for a Manager Operations and Assets to join Sydney Metro. The primary purpose of the role is to assist the relevant Director or Senior Manager in the provision of technical advice; documentation; technical assurance; and standards and knowledge management activities for operations and asset management for Sydney Metro.
The role works in collaboration with the various Sydney Metro implementation groups liaising with the private sector partners and contractors for design assistance, input to design working groups, assurance and technical problem solving.
What you will be involved in
- Managing systems and processes to enable design and operational input, assurance and design review for work completed by various private sector partners and contractors, and other TfNSW areas for the operations and asset management components of the Sydney Metro product.
- Monitor operations to ensure that timelines are met and that designs and operational plans are fit for purpose and comply with design standard requirements, construction and operations requirements and relevant national/international quality standards.
- Participate in and support reviews to ensure a whole-of-life asset management perspective is applied on a consistent basis during the design review process.
- Monitor and review the quality and appropriateness of works briefs (contract specifications), technical specifications and specialist technical input to ensure adherence to project outcomes and performance requirements.
- Monitor designs and operational and asset management plans to ensure compliance with planning approvals, engineering standards and that they contribute to customer requirements and provide environmentally sustainable outcomes.
- Prepare and deliver high quality reference designs and technical contract documentation in a timely and cost effective manner ensuring the contemporary and internationally based design and system utilisation concepts put forward by the contracted service providers are reflected in completed design phases.
- You are a tertiary qualified Engineer and/or have equivalent experience within the field.
- Proven experience working in large scale operation/transformation projects specifically in Rail
- Ability to solve complex business problems using a hypothesis-based approach
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
In return you will join a diverse and inclusive team committed to making a real difference and be part of a once-in-a-generation $55.6b infrastructure investment.
Want to know more?
Salary and Benefits
$135,898 - $152,204
For more information on Employee Benefits at Sydney Metro please click here.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. At Transport for NSW, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve.
We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation.
Joining Sydney Metro, you’ll have access to a range of unique government benefits in a flexible work environment like no other. If you’re ready to step into this meaningful and rewarding role, we want to hear from you!
To register your interest please click the apply now button to submit your updated resume and complete the online application process. For any further enquiries, please contact Amber Travers on Amber.Travers@transport.nsw.gov.au
Find out more about Sydney Metro at https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/sydney-metro
Closing date: Monday, 30th of November 2020