|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the Role
You will contribute in production support environment working on production incidents. You will also be working on problem records and BAU enhancements and involved in development, testing, implementation Support and continuous improvement of our applications, with specific focus on the Compass and Cashiering Applications (MasterKey platform). Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Provide support to ensure availability of systems for business activities. This may involve monitoring of Applications and Systems within Production to ensure that they are functioning as expected day to day. Early morning support activities as well as Overnight/On Call Support for superannuation applications may be required as part of this role
- Working closely with Business Analysts and end users to investigate business processes, procedures and user requirements in order to establish system requirements.
- Working closely with other team members in a forum to share and discuss the latest technology process and to learn and understand the code used by the core application
- Procedures to develop / modify structured code to produce quality programs using the AGILE framework
- Contribute to the on-going evaluation and quality review of system development processes or procedures in order to deliver improved team productivity and efficiency
- Support and undertake unit testing activities in relation to software solutions in order to ensure agreed specifications are met at all times. This includes contributing to maintaining operating environments to enable testing which reflects user environments
- Conduct peer reviews / post implementation reviews to assess the effectiveness of the Technology solution provided
- Participate in enterprise wide regular implementations
- Ensure all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures to support information retention and re-use. This includes contributing to the development of systems documentation such as Asset Lifecycle Plans.
- Achieve key Systems Development Life Cycle stages in terms of quantity, timing and quality of all aspects of work allocated
Key skills and experiences will include;
- Experience working in the production support of Business Applications
- Experience in Supporting and developing applications in Perl/Shell script, Control-M, PL/ SQL
- Demonstrated ability in analysis and problem solving.
- Exposure to Wealth Financial Services is desirable.
- Exposure to latest monitoring tools like Splunk, App dynamics, CA APM, Dynatrace is desirable
- Exposure to AWS development and delivery methodologies along with tool sets is desirable.
- Experience to ITIL framework (Incident, Problem & Change) along with Agile Frameworks.
To be considered, it is expected that you will most likely have the following qualifications and experience:
- Developed skills in one or more of the major programming languages such as C++, PL/SQL.
- Developed and proficient in Unix scripting
- Developed skills and knowledge of one of the major relational database packages such as Oracle, SQL Server
- Devops experience would be highly regarded, with some exposure to automation
- Awareness and understanding of hardware, networks, software technologies and applications
- Relevant Wealth Management / Financial Service Industry experience advantageous
- Tertiary qualification in a Technology discipline or related field would be desirable but not essential
At MLC Wealth, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting our people as you help us build a business and culture that affects positive change for our clients and community. The Masterkey Superannuation Team are seeking quality focused, enthusiastic, Analyst Programmer/Engineer to join us in supporting and delivering solutions for our Wealth Applications.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
How to Apply
If you're ready for the next step, click apply and submit your application via our careers site!