|Job Type:||Full Time|
Location: Jilalan (Sarina) or Pring (Bowen)
Remuneration/Benefit : Generous Salary package including bonus.
About the role:
Due to an internal promotion Aurizon’s Coal business are looking for an additional Safety Partner to be based at either our Jilalan (near Sarina) or Pring depot (near Bowen). Partnering with senior leadership, you will drive transformation initiatives and support our Central Queensland Operations in their goal of achieving world class safety outcomes. Collaboration is key with these roles as is a strong disposition of resilience, coupled with the ability to work in an autonomous environment and delivering with integrity.
- Partner with and coach leaders to effectively lead and achieve positive safety outcomes.
- Partner with leaders to implement transformation initiatives in compliance with safety change management processes.
- Analyse available safety data, identify issues and partner with leaders to develop and implement solutions.
- Ensure safety related frameworks, tools and processes are understood, accessible and effective for leaders.
- Contribute to a high-performance culture through fostering Aurizon's values, meeting Aurizon's performance standards and championing culture change initiatives.
- Approximately 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Qualifications in safety related field preferred
- Sound knowledge of Work Health and Safety legislation, and related regulations, systems and processes
- Sound ability to perform varying levels of assurance activities
- Preferable experience in AS/NZS 4801 / ISO 45001 site safety systems
- Preferable experience in operational environment (e.g. rail, mining, maintenance)
- Proven ability to influence, coach and communicate with leaders at all levels
- Current drivers’ licence - open
- Ability to be flexible and travel when required
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- As an endorsed WORK180 employer, you can view our policies and benefits here
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values, visit www.aurizon.com.au
Should you have any additional questions about position (Reference 71816 ), please contact Christine on 07 4943 4341