|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our Transport Services, Tirau team need an experienced plant operator to hit the ground running and support our work schedule in this Grader Operator position. You will be an all-rounder who is comfortable with a diverse and dynamic range of roading maintenance and construction activities. When operating the grader, you will be proficient in a wide range of situations; high shoulder removal, some unsealed road maintenance, pavement construction, and final trim grading. You will ensure high quality infrastructure projects are delivered to plan. You will also:
- Ensure plant and equipment assigned to you is presented, serviced, maintained and operated in a professional, safe and efficient manner
- Comply with all relevant legislation, regulation and policy and achieves agreed productivity and quality targets
- Provide expertise to ensure quality assurance, support problem solving and implementation of ideas
You will have 7+ years experience operating road grading machines in civil construction environments. With an eye for detail and a passion for quality results, you will operate the grader to produce accurate line level and texture. You will also have:
- A Class 2 Drivers Licence with Wheels, Tracks & Rollers
- Class 4 Drivers Licence and an STMS certificate is beneficial
- The ability and willingness to work safely and be responsible for the safe operation of sites and your team
- Great communication skills both written and verbal and confident in your leadership abilities
- A positive outlook, friendly attitude, and willingness to flex to the work as and where required
What’s in it for you?
A role with Downer New Zealand that can advance your career and expand your skills. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team, working in a collaborative environment as well as;
- Full-Time hours guaranteed – a minimum of 40 hours per week with paid overtime
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- PPE gear and tools of trade provided
- Access to a range of corporate discounts and benefits across retail, health and so much more!
How to apply?
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for, register your interest by applying online at www.downercareers.co.nz quoting reference number 573932.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol-free - all successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.