|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are searching for an experienced z/OS Systems Specialist to join us on 1 year fixed term contract in St Leonard’s, Sydney.
You’ll ensure the reliability, availability and performance of z/OS systems meet customer expectations as defined by the Service Level Agreements. You’ll achieve this by effectively managing the installation, configuration, maintenance, customization and tuning of z/OS system products.
Due to the nature of the role, you will often be required to support after hours and weekend activity in order to complete tasks outside of customer prime time.
Your Role and Responsibilities
What will I be doing day to day?
- Installation and maintenance of Mainframe system products using IBM Australia’s approved standards and practices.
- Perform problem determination, problem source identification, and problem resolution.
- Take ownership for assigned tasks and prioritize response in accordance with Team Leader’s directions
- Apply approved system changes in accordance with Change Procedures and manage to targets.
- Manage the resolution of problems in accordance with their severity as defined in Problem Management procedures and within the targets.
- Support project tasks as assigned and deliver to the specified schedule
- Support Customer Satisfaction targets by providing primary support to customer or group of customers as designated and back up support to remaining clients.
- Develop a sound understanding for the business imperatives, critical applications and batch schedules for the designated customer/s set.
- If appointed as coordinator over the activities of System Programmers assigned to a group responsible for a designated customer set, the following additional responsibilities apply:
o Oversee tasks assigned to the group on behalf of the Team Leader.
o Escalate any potential customer satisfaction issues related to z/OS support.
o Represent your team for any CritSits that arise for a customer within the designated set.
- Meet the requirements of the on call roster as assigned.
- When on standby you are to organize your availability so as to be able to respond in time to meet the minimum criteria laid down for a Severity 1 problem within the customers’ Service Level Agreements.
What skills and experience do I need to apply?
Required Professional and Technical Expertise :
- General platform specific skills Z/OS
- CICS / DB2
- General platform specific skills Unix , Window
- WebSphere Application server Ver 6.0 to 8.5 on Z/OS
- z/OS (Mainframe) Operating System Concepts
- UNIX System Services & Operating System Concepts
- JCL / ISPF / WLM / REX / JES
- TCPIP/Networking Fundamentals
- Jython scripting
- Unix Shell Scripting
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise:
- Ideally to be WebSphere Application Server 6.0 to 8.
- Must be Industry Certified within 12 months of commencing role for any other Middleware Product that is supported
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.