|Job Type:||Full Time|
Applicants must have a right to work in Australia as Google is currently unable to sponsor a visa for this position.
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience project managing and delivering technical solutions.
- Experience in architecting, developing, or maintaining production-grade, secure cloud solutions in virtualized cloud environments.
- Experience with data encryption, identity management, data privacy and sovereignty.
- MBA or Master's degree in Computer Science or an Engineering field.
- Cloud certification.
- 7 years of relevant experience demonstrating technical client service.
- Understanding of information security and privacy frameworks (such as PCI DSS, ISO 27001 and NIST CSF/SP800-53).
- Familiarity with detailed networking security and system design of load balancers, firewalls, and VPN in the deployment of virtual machines and containerized applications.
About the job
As a Google Cloud Security Consultant, you will work directly with Google’s customers on critical projects to help them transform their businesses. You will provide management, consulting and technical knowledge to customer engagements while working with customer executives and technical leaders to help protect solutions deployed via Google’s Cloud Platform. You will also work closely with key Google partners currently servicing top accounts to manage programs, deliver consulting services, and provide technical guidance and best practice expertise.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Work with customer technical leads, executives, and partners to manage and deliver implementations of cloud solutions, becoming a trusted advisor to decision makers throughout the engagement.
- Work with internal specialists, Product, and Engineering teams to package best practices and lessons learned into thought leadership, methodologies, and published assets.
- Manage project scope, priorities, deliverables, risks/issues, and timelines for successful outcomes.
- Advocate for customer needs in order to overcome adoption blockers and drive new feature development based on your field experience.
- Propose solution architectures and manage the deployment of cloud based distributed virtualized infrastructure solutions.