At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
The Health, Safety and Environment team at the South Walker Creek site are a friendly and inclusive team who are looking for their newest team member who has a commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
As a Paramedic you will report to Security and Emergency Management Supervisor and be responsible for:
- Maintaining systems to ensure emergency prevention, preparedness, response and recovery is effective.
- Liaising with Operational Leaders to ensure medical / clinical management requirements are coordinated.
- Management of specific Security and Emergency Management (SEM) projects aligned with HSE Business Plan.
- Maintaining operational medical emergency response readiness;
- Managing clinical presentations, medical emergencies and injury management;
- Assisting with site security, security access systems, and front of house duties;
- Follow BHP approved medical treatment and drug protocols / guidelines;
- Completing reports, clinical notes and other documentation;
- Completing monthly poison permit audits and clinical governance duties, and
- Coordinating health promotion activities, medical and first aid training and Drug and Alcohol collection.
Your enthusiasm, consideration and ability to connect to people will be key strengths, as you are comfortable in working with a range of people, especially in emergency situations, to provide support and guidance.
- With a Diploma in Paramedical Science (or equivalent tertiary qualification),
- Registration with AHPRA
- Certificate III Mines Emergency Response and Rescue (or equivalent)
- Have had exposure to Health, Safety and Environmental protocols and emergency management with paramedical care.
- Additionally previous exposure to drug and alcohol testing well be will regarded.
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.