At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
We are looking for two highly skilled, creative and collaborative communication professionals to join our WA Communication Team based in Perth.
The roles – full time and part time (four days a week) - report directly to the Manager Communications WA, and are part of the broader Corporate Affairs function. Both roles are parental leave cover positions, starting in February 2021.
The WA Communication Team creates and delivers innovative global, regional and local communication campaigns and strategies, and supports BHP’s Iron Ore, Australian Petroleum and Nickel West assets in Western Australia.
We’re a multi-skilled team, with a breadth of experience in integrated communications and issues management, using a range of tools and digital platforms, and we’d love to find some equally talented members to join us!
In this role, you will:
- Be a trusted advisor to our senior leaders, supporting and enhancing the reputation of BHP.
- Develop and execute highly effective communications, issues and stakeholder management plans. Your materials will include developing leader messages, digital content and social media, speeches, blogs, videos, advertising, media, external publications and reports.
- Work with a range of teams – from Corporate and Government Affairs through to our mining and processing operations – to develop and execute global, regional and local communication campaigns.
- Ensure all communications content and materials are delivered in line with Our Requirements for Communications/Market Disclosure and our Charter Values.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in corporate communications, preferably in the mining and resources sector.
- Ability to work independently and confidently and manage and prioritise multiple issues in a dynamic and highly collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing and content creation (including video production, speech writing, scripting and photography/filming) and the proven ability to deliver high quality and innovative communications for multiple channels (internal communications, social media, speeches, leader messages).
- Ability to travel to our operations across Western Australia, to support your communications deliverables.
- A relevant tertiary qualification is essential.
How to apply:
If you’re a high-performing communications guru and want to work for one of the world’s leading mining companies in a great team with a truly flexible, inclusive environment, we’d love to hear from you!
Please apply before Friday 27 November.
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.