|Job Type:||Full Time|
Principal Heavy Mobile Equipment - Engines, Condition Monitoring & Hydrocarbon Management
- Join our global leading business offering outstanding personal development & global career opportunities
- Deliver world class engineering and asset management services
- Permanent employment which includes a huge range of additional benefits
- Be home every night and enjoy flexible working arrangements in Perth
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Principal Heavy Mobile Equipment - Engines, Condition Monitoring and Hydrocarbon Management to deliver world-class heavy mobile equipment (HME) asset management and engineering services across our integrated portfolio of iron ore assets.
We are an open, connected global team that includes some of the industry’s best and brightest minds. We offer competitive, performance-focused remuneration and a wide range of benefits to reward your contribution. With a global reach, the opportunities to develop and grow your career are broad and exciting.
Reporting to the Manager HME Engineering, this is a great opportunity for a technical leader with great communication skills to lead a technical team. You will be joining an experienced, stable and knowledgeable team of HME subject matter experts whose expertise spans across HME engineering, reliability, fleet planning and strategy within our Iron Ore, Asset Management and Engineering Services department. You will be:
- Leading our HME engine reliability, maintenance and change-out strategies, condition monitoring and hydrocarbon management
- Partnering with our HME original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to collaboratively come up with engineering solutions for immediate problems (or short-term fixes) as well as long term strategic improvements
- Regularly engage with each of the iron ore sites, predominantly site maintenance engineers and maintenance leaders, to assist in problem solving and troubleshooting HME related performance issues from an engineering perspective and coordinating the scheduling of engine change-outs
- Overseeing the engine defect elimination process and the execution of projects to improve performance of HME assets
- Working with our procurement function to engage our engine suppliers with relation to manufacturer related issues
What you’ll bring
- The ability to lead a small team to success
- An understanding of reliability centered maintenance and best practice asset management principles
- A subject matter expert in mechanical components and engines (not necessarily from the resources industry)
- The ability to positively influence and engage with internal and external stakeholders
- A background as an experienced maintenance/reliability tradesperson or engineer
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
What we offer
- Discounted Health cover scheme (Medibank) for employees and their immediate family
- Salary sacrifice & packaging options – rental, mortgage, super, vehicle
- Paid parental leave up to 9 months
- Employee discounts – banking, accommodation, motoring, retail and more
- Eligible for the Rio Tinto employee share programme
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Learning and development opportunities to support your desired technical or leadership career path
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers –generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress. Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium –the world’s first to be certified “responsible” –helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
Working Monday to Friday, you can base yourself at our state-of-the-art operations centre in Belmont and/or head office in Perth CBD with the option to work remotely (from home). There will also be a requirement to travel to our iron ore sites from time to time.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome –they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.