|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Newly created role
- Support the business integration of risk management activities to embed our risk management framework
- Join a collaborative and dynamic team
Woolworths Limited is an iconic Australian company providing our customers with quality, range and value. As a leading ASX listed retailer, we have more than 450,000 shareholders and are proud to be one of Australia’s largest employers, employing over 200,000 people. Our retailing expertise stretches across food & grocery, liquor, petrol, general merchandise and hotels, servicing millions of customers each and every day.
About the role
In this newly created role, as the Business Risk & Controls Manager, Finance you will support the Finance team to deliver the Woolworths Risk Management strategy through the implementation of key initiatives related to frameworks, methodologies, processes and tools. The role will support the business integration of risk management activities to embed our risk management framework by evaluating, documenting and assessing risk by partnering with Group Finance functions to ensure risks are appropriately identified, assessed and monitored.
Key responsibilities include:
- Facilitate risk workshops (identification, documentation and assessment of risks) with key stakeholders
- Assess the design and operational effectiveness of key controls through control walkthroughs and control testing
- Provide advice to stakeholders on the design of key controls where control gaps within the in-scope processes and sub-processes are identified
- Provide education and support to control owners on the documentation, evaluation and approach to testing key controls
- Support development, monitoring and reporting of controls monitoring programs
- Document existing business processes using agreed frameworks and evaluate the current business processes against good practice and identify gaps
- Contributing to driving efficiencies by seeking opportunities for centralisation and automation and development of appropriate systems and tools
- Engaging with the business regarding risk identification and resolution
- Supporting the Finance Risk team in providing guidance and oversight to Finance on the management of risk and compliance issues and incidents
- Preparing regular reporting for the Finance Leadership Team and Line 2 Risk and Compliance team
We’re looking for someone who has strong experience in financial reporting controls and ideally exposure to IT controls as well as:
- Relevant tertiary or technical qualifications in Risk, Commerce or similar
- At least 5 years experience across risk management and audit, preferably in both professional services and within a commercial environment
- Ability to identify and assess risks and controls, including controls testing
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage and influence internal and external stakeholders and relationship management skills, with evidence of working effectively and collaboratively within a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with experience in data analysis and interpretation
- Previous risk experience in a retail environment is preferred, but is not mandatory
- Proven experience of working in a high performing team
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.