|Job Type:||Full Time|
Explore the unknown with us
Join our exciting new Molybdenum (Moly) Plant team based at our Cadia Valley Operations, NSW. Being the first and only Moly Plant in Australia, this position represents an opportunity for seasoned flotation technicians to advance their skillset be involved in an Australian industry first development, from commissioning through to steady state operation. As a Moly Plant technician, you will play a direct role in setting the standard for the safe and efficient operation of our long-term residential asset.
Operations near and far
Close to the city of Orange in NSW, Cadia is one of Australia’s largest gold mining operations. We offer a unique experience for employees and their families to enjoy a mining career all whilst living in a wine region and major regional centre, only three hours away from Sydney, NSW. With a wealth of outdoor, recreational and education options near Orange, this is an exciting career and lifestyle opportunity with Newcrest Mining.
Who we’re looking for
As a passionate technician and reporting to the Plant Supervisor, you will be responsible for the day to day operation of the Moly Plant. The role will see you contribute to the production of a quality concentrate while maximising recovery and utilisation. In addition to this, you will be required to ensure our production targets are achieved safely and efficiently.
- Owning the performance of the plant in your charge
- Working with Maintenance, Metallurgy and the wider Operations team to drive continuous improvement, maintaining the compliance and execution of daily tasks, isolations & shutdown plans, including the fixed plant operation of flotation plant, filtration plant & forklift operations.
- Participating in all shift handovers, ensuring all issues are appropriately documented and shared with the Leading Hand/Plant Supervisor.
These will be permanent roles with a roster of 7 days on, 7 days off, followed by 7 nights on, 7 nights off.
We are looking for safety focused, collaborative and proactive technicians with previous experience or exposure operating a flotation circuit. Additionally, those with exposure to crushing, milling and dewatering operations will be highly regarded. We are open to a wealth of skillsets from the Australian resourcing sector, who can help to shape our high performing team and plant success.
To succeed in this role, you will demonstrate;
- A willingness to learn and thrive in a busy process plant environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills and mechanical aptitude
- Developed literacy and numeric skills
- A team player who enjoys working with others, but can also work autonomously
Our commitment to you
Our People are at the heart of everything that we do. You’ll be surrounded by the experienced, accomplished and inspiring. We’re committed to creating inclusive workplaces that nurture diversity and support our people to thrive.
Keeping our people safe and healthy is our most important asset. Our commitment to safety, health and wellbeing is supported by systems and standards that embed our safety culture.
As of 1st January 2020, Cadia is now a smoke free site.
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.