|Job Type:||Full Time|
Explore the unknown with us
Join our exciting new Molybdenum (Moly) Plant team based at our Cadia Valley Operations, in NSW. Being the first and only Moly Plant in Australia, this position represents an opportunity for a seasoned leader and flotation technician to be involved in an Australian industry first, from commissioning through to steady state operation. As a Moly Plant Leading Hand, you will have a major role in setting the standard for the safe and efficient operation of the Moly Plant.
Operations near and far
Close to the city of Orange in NSW, Cadia is one of Australia’s largest gold mining operations. We offer a unique experience for employees and their families to enjoy a mining career all whilst living in a wine region and major regional centre, only three hours away from Sydney, NSW. With a wealth of outdoor, recreational and education options near Orange, this presents an exciting career and lifestyle opportunity with Newcrest Mining.
Who we’re looking for
As Moly Plant Leading Hand’s, you will report to the Plant Supervisor, and assist in leading and engaging a team of four technicians responsible for the safe and efficient daily operations of the plant. In this role as key 2IC, you will step up into the Plant Supervisor role as required and oversee plant performance. Lastly, you will be a passionate safety leader, with an aptitude for maintenance and operational tasks, who enjoys leading by example.
Key responsibilities of the role include;
- Successfully oversee the performance of the plant on your respective shift.
- Work with the Maintenance, Metallurgy and the wider Operations team to drive continuous improvement.
- Support the Plant Technicians daily plan execution including Isolations, Shutdowns, and Fixed Plant operations, including Flotation through to filtration.
- Guide the technicians to build and maintain the relationships between the maintenance, metallurgy and operations teams’, to ensure a high performing culture.
- Participate in shift handovers, ensuring all issues are appropriately documented and shared to the Plant Supervisor.
- Establish successful working relationships with your technician team, ensuring they are well trained, upskilled and compliant in their daily tasks.
- Meet the agreed timelines and targets set by the Plant Supervisor/Management Team and ensure the Moly Plant technicians maintain an accurate account of shift and outstanding issues.
These will be permanent roles with a roster of 7 days on, 7 days off, (day shift only), back to back with the other Leading Hand.
To succeed in this role, you will have;
As an approachable and practical Leading Hand, you will have some previous experience as a 2IC or leading hand within an operational role, coupled with your technical skillset from the mining/resources industry. A demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, safety focused environment will ensure you are set up for success. Furthermore, as a self-starter, you will demonstrate the capacity to meet required objectives and empower the team to support that success. Along with this, your proficiency with SAP (or similar systems) and MS Office applications, particularly Excel will be well regarded.
Our commitment to you
Our People are at the heart of everything that we do. You’ll be surrounded by the experienced, accomplished, and inspiring. We’re committed to creating inclusive workplaces that nurture diversity and support our people to thrive.
Keeping our people safe and healthy is our most important asset. Our commitment to safety, health and wellbeing is supported by systems and standards that embed our safety culture.
As of 1st January 2020, Cadia is now a smoke free site.
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.