|Job Type:||Full Time|
Your new role awaits
Maintaining strong anti-financial crime governance is vital to serving our customers better and achieving trust and confidence in our industry. The Financial Crime Operations (FCO) division is responsible for ensuring anti-financial crime accountability and governance across the organisation and creating world-class monitoring and surveillance programs based on best practice. This senior data analyst role is within the Customer Due Diligence Data Management team and our aim is to reduce compliance risk, increase operational efficiency and provide useful insights and analytics to inform and support our strategic aspirations.
Your day to day role will include: -
- The role will be responsible for working on the following tasks on a daily/weekly basis;
- Leverage your data analysis and management skills to reduce compliance risk
- Manage the program’s risk and issue management function in GRACE
- Be responsible for the Enterprise Control management function
- Liaise with Change / Project Managers to support delivery against the program timelines
- Working collaboratively with key Business units to assist in the success of the program
- Project research and analysis functions
- Maintaining compliance with corporate and public regulations
- Performing any data analysis relevant to project tasks.
- Operational and Executive Reporting and insights
- Data Governance
- Process and Workflow migration
- Relevant tertiary qualification with at least 5 years experience in data analytics or a related discipline.
- Preference will be given to those with AML/ CTF / Know Your Customer (KYC) desirable background but financial / fintech / other relevant industry data experience will be considered.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications or relevant, equivalent industry experience.
- Highly developed strategic, problem solving and conceptual thinking skills.
- Prior experience as a project analyst in a related field required.
- Strong understanding in project management and data analysis.
- Expertise in writing advanced level of SQL and creating and understanding Data Models.
- Proficient in creating database objects in Oracle PL/SQL.
- Proficient in computer technology and Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional research and reporting skills.
Nice to have
- Understanding of Big Data technologies such as Hadoop and knowledge of distributed frameworks such as Apache Spark (SparkSQL API).
- Knowledge in Python scripting.
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We have an African Australian Inclusion Program, a range of Grad, Traineeship and Internship Programs, we are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI and be an endorsed employer for Women by Work180.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.