|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
The mission of the One Commercial Partner (OCP) organization is to accelerate Microsoft’s growth through its extensive and vibrant ecosystem of managed and unmanaged partners, while also guiding the definition of and establishing excellence in execution across the global OCP teams. To do this, OCP focuses its efforts around four core motions: Build-with, Technical, Go To Market (GTM), and Partner Co-sell.
The Azure Apps & Infra Partner Strategy Lead role is key to Microsoft's partner ecosystem strategy as part of the One Commercial Partner (OCP) Organization. This role is responsible for building, orchestrating, executing, and tracking the Area OCP Solutions Plan to achieve the Solution Area Scorecard Metrics, and grow local priority partners business.
The role will work across Microsoft and the partner organization to align ecosystem goals with required partner capacity and performance. The outcome will be instrumental for the creation of an optimal partner ecosystem in a region to drive long-term revenue, cloud consumption and digital transformation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead Solution Area Partner Planning for Sales Plays, driving alignment across Build-with, GTM and Sell-with Teams
- Orchestrate and drive Solution Area business execution with OCP and external stakeholders
- Act as extended member of LT to bring visibility to Partner and solution performance, capacity, and technical capability for the Area
- Ensure the smooth running and operation of the Local Monthly and Quarterly Governance Council for the Solution Area
- Detailed partner ecosystem evolution and capacity planning for achieving performance accountability
- Stakeholder Ownership of Solution Area BG, STU and CSU relationships, delivering on OCP’s contribution to Microsoft Solution Area all up Business Deliverables
- Raise actionable insights aligned to local Partner/solution performance to drive high utilization of Co-Sell Prioritized solutions
- Assign appropriate mapping for Co-Sell Prioritized solutions to ensure Field Sellers can identify the correct solution for the opportunity
- Timely and accurate ownership and reporting of OCP Solution Area performance, capacity and skilled individuals against scorecard metrics and desired business outcomes
- Proactively review Cosell Prioritized Partner impact (Seller Adoption, Pipeline, $Rev, ACR, Usage) and shares insights with OCP, EOU and SMC stakeholders with recommended action prior to Governance Council meetings
Key habits include:
- Maintain strong X-org organization influence and communication through weekly and monthly connections
- Utilize standard OCP tools weekly to maintain quality hygiene to run and grow the business
- Develop deep knowledge of the MSFT partner ecosystem and programs by spending 2 hours or more per week on skilling and research
- Develop deep relationship and product understanding with Solution Area Prioritized Partners
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge.
- 10+ years of experience in product or channel marketing, partner channel development, business development or alliance management in the technology industry
- Experience with technology platforms and solutions with a strong level of technical proficiency
oExtensive experience of managing virtual teams across functions and geographies:
oInclusive and collaborative - driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking to connect digital and in-person marketing tactics using data
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
- Ability to succeed in a quickly changing business environment showing thought-leadership in driving market transformation
- Obsessed and committed to optimal partner and customer satisfaction
- Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small audiences
- Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through with partners
- Bachelor degree required (Sales, Marketing, Business Operations); MBA desired.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.