At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
This role is located within the IPRO, the Production Scheduling team and is responsible for generating the 2-Years to Weekly mine schedules, along with the mine designs that enable their successful execution.
Reporting to the Superintendent Production Scheduling, the Engineer Mine will play an integral role by:
- Creating an executable production schedules and mine designs for all enabling activities within the short term (2-Weeks to 3-Months) and medium term (3-Months to 2-Years), identifying risks and opportunities, managing change and communicating the operating strategy without compromising on quality and sustainability, whilst maximising productivity
- Ensuring all mine designs and schedules consider practicality, productivity and safety considerations, and work packs are created and adequately communicated to mine operations
- Understanding the economic drivers that underpin both revenue and cost within the operation to ensuring these are effectively leveraged through the mine schedule
- Ensuring that mine schedules and mine development is well aligned with the long term direction whilst at the same time validating that longer term direction is appropriate to operational constraints.
- Seeking to continuously improve both efficiency and value of the process through work planning practices and procedures, as well as identifying opportunities for efficiencies in the operation
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Experience in mine design and short to medium term mine scheduling is essential (weekly to 2Yr planning)
- Extensive knowledge of CAD and Scheduling software packages is essential (such as Vulcan and Alastri)
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills are required to influence stakeholders in the delivery of positive business outcomes
- Strong analytical skills to review information, problem solve and influence stakeholders
- Sound communication and presentations skills. Demonstrated oral and written English language proficiency
- C class drivers licence
Working on a Fly in Fly out basis at our Western Australia Iron Ore operations, you will enjoy outstanding facilities at the FIFO villages including; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, netted soccer court, tennis and basketball court, beach volleyball court and recreation room including a pool table, darts, table tennis, TV and DVD player. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
This position is offered on a FIFO 5/2 4/3 roster, however in challenging the way we work we are also able to offer the opportunity for employees to work one or more days in Perth, to support our flexible work options
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Reference Number – 30792
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.