|Job Type:||Full Time|
Opportunity to join a team of passionate & supportive industry leading experts where you can drive your future career
Your chance to be part of something new
Excellence is the vision. You’ll make it a reality
High performing teams that work together to make decisions and get things done more effectively are crucial to Anglo American’s success.
Here at Anglo American understanding the geological setting of our Metallurgical Coal’s operations is key to delivering an integrated Geoscience solution that encompasses exploration, geological modelling and operational geology.
We currently have three defined mining complexes which operate in the Northern, Central and Southern regions of the Bowen Basin which encompass our 2 OpenCuts (Dawson/Capcoal) and 4 Underground longwall (Moranbah North, Grosvenor, Grasstree and Aquila) operations currently producing up to 25Mtpa of predominately metallurgical coal for export. Anglo American also holds a number of highly prospective coal tenures and projects throughout the Bowen Basin which are managed within the relevant complex.
We are now recruiting for Geology Managers to lead the Geoscience function for each of the regional complex). This senior leadership role will be accountable for the coordination of all geological data and interpretation from exploration, geological modelling along with its integration into operational geology at each operation.
Reporting to and working closely with the Head of Geosciences, this position is responsible for utilising data to define risks and opportunities to deliver the business plan objectives for the operations and project pipeline
This role will be rewarding, varied and will include:
- Applying Safety & Health principles in all team interactions and acting as a role model to reinforce a workplace culture where safety and health for the site is paramount
- Coordinating with BCO functional experts and operational teams to develop the Geoscience strategy and to define the required work programs to deliver the operational needs of the complex to achieve the requirements of the 5-year business plan and the Life of Asset strategy
- Developing an integrated geological interpretation across the complex to enable the definition of geological, geotechnical, gas and mining conditions.
- Leading the cross-functional resource risk reviews for the complex to identify risks and opportunities
- Developing the execution plan and schedule for exploration across the business planning period
- Manage the collection, collation and validation of geoscientific data and ensure ability and transparency to all stakeholders
- Develop the geological modelling workflows so that geological models contain all relevant information in sufficient detail to define mining conditions in all time periods of the operation from 1-2 years through to Life of Mine
- Working with operational teams to identify areas of concern that may impact the operation’s delivery of its mine plan in terms of strata hazards
- Developing and implementing technology solutions identified to improve Geoscience systems, performance and delivery into operations
- Communicating all key geological information to operations and leadership teams with a focus opportunities and risks to create value through geological insights
To be successful in this role, you will have a demonstrated commitment to safety and a desire to role model and reinforce a culture where safety and health is paramount. You have extensive experience within a large, complex organisation coupled with the ability to think strategically, plan effectively and solve complex problems. You are a natural leader with demonstrated experience in the areas of exploration, geological modelling and in mining operations.
There is a parallel requirement to work in collaboration with the site leadership team and functional teams who represent diverse areas of the business. Most critically, you will understand how integrated planning and efficient work execution processes deliver organisational efficiency. In addition, your background should also demonstrate your capability to lead and coach others to adopt change.
If you are an innovative, high performing professional who is ready to take the next challenge in your career, we'd love to hear from you.
This role can be Brisbane or Site based, with the expectation of frequent travel to site to facilitate effective execution of role objectives.
Applications Close – 26th November
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are?
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies.
Inclusion and Diversity
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for all vacant positions.