|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Demonstrate your Hull and Structure knowledge in this key role
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within a strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a Hull and Structure Specialistin our team in Rockingham, WA
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
The Hull and Structure Specialist, within the Seaworthiness & Engineering Group, will provide assurance products and services in maintenance and engineering for ANZAC Class Frigates within the incumbent areas of competence and delegation performing a range of certification, classification and other engineering rigour functions to manage aggregate risk and present the Seaworthiness Case.
Reporting to the Systems Engineering Lead you will:
- Act as technical advisor within delegation for hull, structure and stability
- Conduct hull, structure and stability assurance activities
- Liaise with Maintenance Repair and Readiness (MRAR) to ensure the correct level of hull and structural maintenance is conducted
- Raise technical documents in support of maintenance and / or engineering
- Manage and report stability margins plus hull and structure aggregate risk
- Manage applicable tasks assigned to Task Services Engineering Support Services
- Liaise with Naval Technical Bureau (NTB) to plan and enable the TH118 process
- Ensure stakeholders address all recommendations published in the TH118s
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Experience in managing the hull, structure and stability domain
- Shipbuilding and / or maintenance and repair enterprise experience
- Demonstrated understanding of seaworthiness principles
- Understanding of Naval Technical Regulatory Framework requirements
- Relevant Marine or Structural Engineering qualifications
The incumbent will be required to undertake training in the use of the Asset Management and Planning Systems (AMPS). The individual will need to utilise AMPS to obtain data and to create and request various types of reports at the AMPS user level.
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Vinodh Sounder Rajan, Talent Acquisition specialist – Engineering and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: Vinodh.email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does