|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Newly created role
- Support delivery of the risk and control programs
- Join a collaborative and dynamic team
Woolworths Limited is an iconic Australian company providing our customers with quality, range and value. As a leading ASX listed retailer, we have more than 450,000 shareholders and are proud to be one of Australia’s largest employers, employing over 200,000 people. Our retailing expertise stretches across food & grocery, liquor, petrol, general merchandise and hotels, servicing millions of customers each and every day.
About the role
In this newly created role, as the Business Risk & Controls Analyst, Finance you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of the process, risk and controls program and documentation for the in-scope key business processes and sub-processes in Finance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist in risk and control workshops to identify, document and assess key risks and controls
- Assist in the maintenance of risk profiles
- Support the development and execution of control tests in line with the Controls Monitoring Program
- Support the engagement with control owners on the status of agreed remediation activities
- Support and document ongoing reports on key risks, control gaps / deficiencies and remediation activities
- Document existing business processes, risks and controls using agreed frameworks and evaluate the current business processes against good practice and identify gaps
- Contribute to driving efficiencies by supporting opportunities for centralisation and automation and development of appropriate systems and tools
- Supporting ad-hoc reporting requirements.
- Work collaboratively and proactively with Finance Stakeholders and the wider Risk and Compliance community on risk and compliance management activities
We’re looking for someone who has a strong understanding of governance, risk and quality assurance processes as well as:
- Relevant tertiary or technical qualifications in Risk, Commerce or similar
- CA/CPA qualification
- Minimum 3 years experience implementing risk and control frameworks, or performing controls audits of large corporate clients.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with experience in data analytics and interpretation
- Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies
- Well organised, flexible and adaptable
- Able to work under significant pressure and intensity
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage and influence internal and external stakeholders and relationship management skills, with evidence of working effectively and collaboratively within a team
- Previous risk experience in a retail environment is preferred, but is not mandatory
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills, with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes through consultation, collaboration and conciliation
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.