|Job Type:||Full Time|
Here’s an exciting opportunity to join us in our Technical and Sustainability Team
The purpose of Technical & Sustainability in Anglo American is to represent and drive the future of mining, as the technical experts and innovators of the company – and industry. The T&S function is globally located and works in partnership with Business Units and other Group functions, to safely ensure technical and operational excellence that delivers to the company’s growth and sustainability ambitions and clear societal purpose.
As our Specialist Mine Planning you’ll be across the Long-Term focus for operations that are aligned with the strategic guidance outlined by the Department. This involves supporting the integration of collaborating disciplines to establish the best operational execution strategies required for optimal long-term value realisation.
- Responsible for detailed mine and dump designs which are safe and value accretive
- Complete operational testing to ensure that long term plans may be executed with confidence in the field
- Develop efficient and integrated schedules, including mining and processing strategies, through cross disciplinary collaboration
- Effectively communicate integrated planning outcomes to all stakeholders
- Apply concepts of Analyse and Improve to your work
- Support the consolidation, review, documentation and presentation of inputs to senior leadership.
- Establish and maintain relationships key stakeholders to build alignment and drive integrated planning outcomes.
- Manage consultants engaged in the execution of specific work packages.
- Identify and assess opportunities to maximise value to Anglo American while always ensuring safety, health and environmental impacts are considered appropriately to promote sustainable operations.
You will have a tertiary qualification in Engineering preferably Mining with open cut and underground mining experience. Strong communication skills and a well-developed analytical approach will be key to your success in this role. Previous experience with the following software will be highly regarded, but not considered necessary: Deswik, Hexagon Minesight, Pycharms (Python) or COMET
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
Inclusion and Diversity
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Persons from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply for all vacant positions
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process
13 December 2020
Please note, screening and interview mat take place prior to closing date - applications may also close before this date.
Anglo American Metallurgical Coal does not accept unsolicited applications from Recruitment Agencies.