|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
This role is within the Land C3 SPO, CASG environment, working on L200-2 Battlefield Command System (BCS), providing Systems Engineering Support for the Systems Integration team.
The Contractor will be engaged on a time and material basis. Notwithstanding, the following activities and deliverables are envisaged during the term of this engagement:
- Identify, develop, manage, implement and verify the system interfaces for BCS capability realisation,
- Support the sustainment of the BCS systems interfaces,
- Develop Systems Integration Management Plan (SIMP) and Interface Control Document (ICD) for the BCS System Capability,
- Engage Capability Manager to comprehend and simplify the operational capability requirements of the BCS systems interfaces,
- Engage broad level stakeholders to understand and clarify BCS systems boundary and responsibility, explore, elicit and document the System and Platform Interface and Integration requirements and responsibility,
- Support other Systems Engineer to understand and document the interface boundary for the Technical Certification requirements of System of Systems and Systems on Platforms,
- Support V&V engineer to document the interface specific and overall system of systems V&V activities for the BCS capability delivery,
- Lead an Interface Control Working Group (ICWG) with broad range of internal and external stakeholders to review and finalise engineering documents for BCS interfaces,
- Work collaboratively in a team to develop Systems Engineering, Technical Certification and Interface and Integration documents, and
- Work in a team to define and manage BCS configuration management for the engineering elements.
The successful candidates will possess the following:
- Experience and familiarity with CASG project and Systems engineering activities and planning,
- Experience and familiarity in Systems Engineering, preferably within the CASG / Defence environment for Interface and Integration activities,
- Experience and familiarity with configuration management activities preferably within a CASG / Defence environment,
- Experience and familiarity with systems safety, security and managing technical risk,
- Demonstrated experience to coordinate and chair workshops in an independent manner,
- Ability to work with limited guidance demonstrating initiative and responsibility, and
- Very strong written and oral communication skills.
Essential Qualification/Experience/Work Environment:
- Graduate qualifications in Engineering, or Systems Engineering (preferred)
- Must have a Systems Engineering experience within CASG environment.
Desirable Qualification/ Skills/ Experience:
- Recent experience in subsystem integration (hardware and software) and platform integration,
- Experience with communications systems in a military environment
- An experienced Systems Engineer preferably with Defence experience who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- Understanding and experience of Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment in collaboration with other like-minded team members and adjacent project teams (also delivering a variation of the system);
- Understanding & practical experience working within a Defence project, quality assurance & business improvement process practices and targeted & effective business solutions and outcomes.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Must hold an Australian Government security clearance (NV1 level and above).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.