|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
This role is within the CASG environment working with C2SSO, within LC3SPO. The Systems Engineer will work within the BMS-C2 software team, to maintain in-service software baselines, and deliver upgraded and new software products from the contractor Elbit Systems. The Systems engineer will perform tasks across the entire capability lifecycle, from requirements analysis, through to V&V, and in service support.
Specific responsibilities of the Systems Engineer are likely to include engineering review and/or approval of contractual deliverables, development of engineering change proposals to achieve design acceptance and technical certification, representing the Commonwealth in contract discussions, meetings and integrated working groups, development of engineering plans and technical briefs, technical and administrative support to testing activities and test witnessing.
- Systems Engineering Lifecycle
- Software Development
- ICT Network Architecture
Essential Qualification/Experience/Skills/Work Environment:
A four year degree or higher in a field related to Software Engineering (highly desirable), or Electronics, Communications or Mechatronics engineering with experience in the area of software development, software architecture and network architecture, under the Australian Qualifications Framework or comparable overseas qualification; or other qualifications comparable to those referred above, which, in the opinion of the delegate are appropriate to the duties of the position; and meets the eligibility requirements for graduate membership or registration by Engineers Australia.
This engineering position requires a Bachelor of Engineering from an Australian Institution, or a qualification gained elsewhere, that satisfies the requirements of the Washington Accord for recognition as a Professional Engineer.
- Experience with systems engineering working for or with Defence, or in a related role with significant systems engineering exposure.
- Experience with design and implementation of ICT networking.
- Experience using AGILE development methods.
- Experience working under limited supervision, setting own goals, in order to deliver long-term outcomes.
- Experience in working collaboratively, operating as an effective team member, sharing information through maintaining effective communications, and providing constructive feedback.
- Experience in engagement of stakeholders to understand their expectations and concerns, and working in a flexible manner to best accommodate those needs.
- An experienced Systems Engineer preferably with Defence experience who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- Understanding and experience of Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment in collaboration with other like-minded team members and adjacent project teams (also delivering a variation of the system);
- Understanding & practical experience working within a Defence project, quality assurance & business improvement process practices and targeted & effective business solutions and outcomes.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Must hold an Australian Government security clearance (NV1 level and above).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.