|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
About the Role
Downer Defence Systems is seeking to acquire a specialist Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) resource with experience in the acquisition phase of major capital acquisition projects. Supporting an ILS manager within an integrated team, the key tasks will include:
- Contributing to the development and approval of the ILS aspects of SEA 1350- Phase 2 Capability Definition Documentation;
- Development of the Logistic Support Concept, and carriage through to approval;
- Assisting with the planning and conduct of the procurement and solicitation process pertaining to ILS, including but not limited to development of the Acquisition & Support Request for Tender (RFT) documentation, development of Tender Evaluation Plans and associated documentation and contributing to tender evaluation and source selection;
- Contributing to the development of the ILS elements of both projects’ documentation, including the Project Execution Strategy, Integrated Project Management Plan, and any other plans that require the input of ILS expertise;
- Provision of support to a range of ad hoc logistics and supply chain tasks as required;
- Undertaking stakeholder engagement;
- Provision of ILS subject matter expertise; and
- Risk, issues and schedule management.
Essential Qualification / Skills / Experience:
The successful candidate is required to possess the following experience:
- Developing and supporting the development of ILS acquisition documentation, including a range of logistics and associated technical strategies, plans, concepts, reports, instructions, statement of work, transition plans and communication artefacts;
- Developing tender documentation pertaining to logistics;
- Conducting tender evaluation activities and source selection for logistics requirements;
- Knowledge of the links between ILS, project management and Test and Evaluation/Verification and Validation (T&E/V&V) activities; and
- Performing ILS acquisition management services commensurate with Australian and International Standards, regulations and Defence requirements.
Desirable Qualification/ Skills / Experience:
The following attributes are desirable, but not essential:
- Experience in maritime projects.
- Experience in developing, undertaking, evaluating or informing logistic support analysis.
- Higher degree ILS or supply chain qualifications.
- An experienced Logistics Officer who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- An understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Understanding & practical experience working within a Defence project, quality assurance & business improvement process practices and targeted & effective business solutions and outcomes.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Must hold an Australian Government security clearance (NV1 level and above).
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Leave Purchases.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.