|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
This role is within the CASG, Land Command, Control and Communications Systems Program Office (LC3SPO) working In the sustainment section, Command & Control Systems Support Office (C2SSO). The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Maintaining technical artefacts and configuration item structures within the Configuration Management database, Configuration Management Tool – Land (CMT-L).
- Raising and managing Engineering Change Documentation in CMT-L.
- Technical advice and engineering decision making IAW skill sets in line with those of a Technical Advisor.
- Drafting and/or review of Technical Documents (EMEI and UHB).
- Constructing and managing Repair Parts Scale (RPS) and Complete Equipment Schedules (CES).
As the successful candidate you will possess experience in the following:
- Understanding of Defence Configuration Management practices at a technical level.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of Product Life cycle management database.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in developing and maintaining Configuration Item Tree Structures (Bills of Material (BOM)) in CMT-L.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in developing and maintaining Complete Equipment Schedules (CES)
- Demonstrated skills and experience in developing and maintaining Repair Parts Scale (RPS)
- Demonstrated skills and experience in developing and maintaining technical publications
- Ability to work with limited guidance demonstrating initiative and responsibility
- Very strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in an integrated team
Essential Qualification :
- CERT 1V in Engineering or Technology
- Minimum 3 years working in an ILS Practitioner/ Technician role
- TRF level 7
- Diploma in Engineering
- TRF level 6
- Experience working in support of military operational communications systems
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the use of CMT-L.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience managing Integrated Logistics Support tasks for large complex projects within Defence.
- Experience developing ILS documentation.
- Experience managing ILS instructions and plans.
- Experience working in a high performing project team.
- Experience and understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Leave Purchases.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.