|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Research has been studying quantum computing for several years and has become the world's center of expertise on topological quantum computing. The research effort includes a staff of theoretical physicists and experimental teams around the world.
The Microsoft Quantum Group in Sydney, Australia is looking for a FabricationLeadto manage process development and operations of a state-of-the-art cleanroom facility. The key goals of this roleistoadvance the development of hybrid III-V semiconductor-superconductor platforms for topological quantum computing.
You will lead a small team of engineers and work directly with our internal network of Quantum sites (the Netherlands, Denmark, and the US) and our external network of scientists and academic collaboration institutions around the world.
In this role you will be responsible for creating an effective collaboration framework; both for individuals and teams to share and debate new ideas and concepts as well as establishing effective methods for sharing and leveraging technical process information and methods across multiple sites.
Subsequently you will be responsible for the improvement of manufacturing processes, defining critical equipment capabilityrequirementsand sharing and transferring required process technology best practices between various sites to meet our program goals. This will include defining appropriate process monitoring (PCM) and test structures, establishing appropriate Statistical Process Control (SPC) metrics, and validating the technology models. You will also be responsible for managing the operations of this unique facility.
- Establishing end to end technology feasibility process flows, defining process requirements and developing integrated technology solutions with the ability to establish and ramp up baseline processflows
- Driving process integration activities using structured and statistical methods to understand and optimize process parameters against specific technical performance and yieldcriteria
- Managing a team of fabrication process and equipment maintenance engineers and creating a collaborative culture and engagement framework for effective co-development activities in multi-user cleanroom facilities.
- Leading the coordination of information / data flow across various teams; device designers, material growers, and measurement teams to develop and evolve an effective end to end “device fabrication to device performance” feedback improvementloop
- Be willing to travel between collaboration sites to effectively coordinate and manage geographically distributed teams andactivities
- B.S,M.Sc.or Ph.D. degree with background in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical), Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics, or related technical fields
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in process technology development, including process integration, preferably in an advanced Integrated Circuit (IC) cleanroom technology development / manufacturingenvironment
- People management experience with demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and communicationskills
- Extensive Front End of Line (FEOL) and Back End of Line (BEOL) process technology development experiencerequired
- Detailed knowledge of typical fabrication modules such as Lithography and Etch (including Patterning layout tools), Thin Film and Metal deposition modules and associated metrologydesired
- Strong structured problem-solving skills (such as Design of Experiments) and the ability to use data analysis techniques (such as JMP, SAS or similar tools) to guide decisionmaking
- Familiarity with fab process controls and test structures / monitoring
- Experience with processing III-V material systems and superconducting materialsa distinct plus
- Familiarity with yield, defectivity failure analysis, and design for manufacturing (DFM)
- Ability to implement process documentation and quality control procedures and mechanisms to learn and drive rapid yieldimprovements
- Ability to clearly synthesize a vision for future success, clearly communicate that vision and work with key stakeholders and collaborators to develop a plan to make that vision a reality
- Ability to quickly integrate and work within a multi-disciplinary, international team and effectively manage and collaborate to deliver against programgoals
- Confidence navigating heavily matrixedorganizations
MICROSOFT BACKGROUND CHECK:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.