|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
The mission of the One Commercial Partner (OCP) organization is to accelerate Microsoft’s growth through its extensive and vibrant ecosystem of Cloud and Devices partners, while also guiding the definition of and establishing excellence in execution across the global OCP teams. To do this, OCP focuses its efforts around four core motions: Build-with, Technical, Go To Market (GTM), and Partner Co-sell.
The Partner Development Manager / Director of ISV is responsible for the 360 degree business relationship of our Local and Global ISV that sell, service and support Microsoft Cloud solutions, especially Azure, Teams and Dynamics portfolio. The PDM Leader role is a senior pivotal role in our broader ecosystem and community to ensure that Microsoft can build ISV community for Microsoft Cloud, both in Australia but also with companies looking to expand in and outside of Australia. The leader will be responsible for engaging at the very highest level of Microsoft and ISV executives, building trust by sharing insights about how companies can capitalize on market opportunities by partnering with Microsoft.
ISV PDM Director will lead a team of business development managers and partnership with technical cloud solution architects on building joint business plans defining solutions portfolio, go-to-market (sales and marketing strategies), and driving implementation of all aspects of the strategy by orchestrating relationships across the partner and Microsoft.
The role is the ultimate thought leader in our Australia ISV ecosystem and will have provide record in engaging with senior C-level in those new and existing ISVs to deliver innovation and execution excellence that will in turn drive achieve partnership growth goals and sales targets.
- Be a thought-leader in building and selling ISV solutions on Microsoft Cloud to address customer business opportunities, both in Australia and global markets
- Drive partner transformation in Cloud/SaaS through stellar team leadership and developing comprehensive plans for a portfolio of partners across short (quarterly) and long-term strategic goals (18 months/2 years)
- Guides and builds strong relationships within Microsoft and partner resources to design a portfolio of differentiated Cloud solutions / applications across Azure, Dynamics and Microsoft 365
- Identify an effective path to market with solutions and Go-To-Market (GTM) activities, can support partners with Coselling their solution with Microsoft
- Operate the business on near term business and sales commitments with tracking ISV engagement / health / opportunity health on key deals to accelerate sales and Cloud consumption
- Drive a vteam across appropriate resources at the appropriate sales/consumption phase, to maximize Cloud consumption, make proper decisions resolve issues with local leadership and escalate as required
- Drive continuous portfolio optimization of partners’ performance as measured by revenue, pipeline, consumption, usage and partner impact
Depth of industry knowledge
- Deep understanding of digital transformation business drivers, cloud platforms, capabilities and solutions that generate ISV growth and innovation
- 10+ years of experience in business development experience, sales capability, solution development skills and partner channel development in the technology industry
- Deep strategic advisor and executive relationship management experience driving sales with partners in businesses, esp. B2B
- Inclusive and collaborative - driving stellar teamwork and cross-team alignment. Strong influencer and orchestrator across various Microsoft Australia and Corporate teams for partner impact
- Strong experience of managing virtual teams across functions and geographies
- Growth mindset mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, challenger / conflict resolution, and follow through
- Ability to deliver on business goals and commitments in a given quarter and fiscal year, measured by ISV consumption performance and satisfaction
- Experience with technology platforms and solutions with a reasonable level of technical proficiency
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort at all levels in the organization
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (Technology, Sales / Marketing, Business Management)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.