|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Be a part of WooliesX - a high growth start-up business inside one of Australia's largest retailers that aims to bring the best of Woolworths to our customers, powered by our team, technology and data.
- Join a team focused on delivering insights across commercial, technology, digital and data legal issues.
- Based in our Surry Hills office with excellent employee benefits, and flexible working arrangements
We have an excellent opportunity for a Risk Analyst - Payments to join the team! The successful candidate will be a key appointment to further support the ongoing sustainable Risk and Compliance frameworks adopted by Woolworths Payments, a division of WooliesX. Woolworths Payments operates a centralised payments gateway and switching service facilitating the acceptance of over a billion payment transactions both in-store and online for the benefit of the Woolworths Group and its Australian leading merchant brands including Woolworths Supermarkets, BigW, Dan Murphys and BWS.
The Risk Analyst role will be responsible for:
- Supporting the HO Risk in implementing and maintaining risk/compliance standards and operating procedures, conducting risk assessments, risk reporting and monitoring Key Risk Indicators (KRI’s) within a growing and dynamic Payments business.
- Assisting in the ongoing maintenance and compliance with the Payments AML/CTF program.
- Liaising with Payments Schemes and internal teams to facilitate compliance with Scheme mandates.
- Drive and participate in strategic Payments initiatives to ensure these are delivered seamlessly into ongoing business operations.
- Engaging with various Woolworths Teams in the provision of risk/compliance advice and guidance.
To be successful in the role, you will have the following:
- Strong written and oral communication.
- Previous experience in a Risk role (3 years).
- Ability to identify problems and follow through to explore solutions.
- Ability to work within a team and project groups to deliver superior program outcomes.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You