|Job Type:||Full Time|
Conduct day-to-day surveillance, analysis, control and operation of the Defence wideband and narrowband Satellite communications operations.
Conduct surveillance, analysis, control and operation of the Defence Satellite Ground Systems locally and offshore.
Conduct surveillance, analysis, control and operation of various Defence satellitero communications network systems.
This position requires the operator to operate autonomously in most routine technical situations, with escalation available for faults and problems outside the experience of the Engineer.
When required, the ADFSOC Network Engineer will assume the role of shift leader, in their absence.
- Analysis of available spectrum using the Spectrum Monitoring System.
- Safe operation of the Defence Satellite Ground Systems
- Safe operation of the Defence Satellite Communications Network Systems
- Carrier monitoring using the Communications System Monitor System.
- Initial fault analysis and remedial action for the Defence Satellite Ground Systems.
- Operation of the Defence Payload Segment (DPS) using the Defence Payload Management (DPM) System
- As required, complete Operator Refresher Training and Operator Certification.
- Perform provisioning and commissioning of all network elements in the relevant disciplines and provisioning of services within specified target dates
Experience and Qualifications
- Typically a certificate, diploma or degree in electronic engineering or equivalent, plus at least 3 years’ experience in the areas of telecommunications systems and practices is required.
- Demonstrated understanding of Digital Communication Techniques, satellite transmission, microwave and RF principles, modulation and inter-modulation, network connectivity, and antenna principles
- Demonstrated ability against formally and objectively assessed competencies and performance criteria
- Secret (NV1) Security Clearance.
- Well developed knowledge of computer OS (Unix and MS) and a high level of network skills and experience
- Well developed computing skills, with a high level of literacy in Database, Word Processing and Spread sheet applications
- Solid understanding of ITIL and it’s practices
- Developed time management, written and verbal communications and teamwork skills
Optus is a place where we let you do you. Whether you’ll be working in our corporate offices or in a retail store, we are a highly collaborative workplace, and offer a range of perks such as:
A competitive salary
Discounts on products and services
Ongoing training, mentoring and development opportunities
Up to five days of Volunteer Leave per year
Flexible work options
We understand that flexibility means different things to different people. We are proud to offer a variety of options to work in different ways, such as flexible hours, remote working, job share and part-time. Please talk to us about how we can make this role work for you.
At Optus, we don’t sit back and let the future happen to us - we’re out there making it. By expanding into new technology and relentlessly improving every day, we’re creating a better tomorrow for all Australians. We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Curious about our culture? Go behind the scenes with our people by searching #OptusLife on LinkedIn.
Due to COVID-19 and the rise of job applicants in the market, it may take us a bit longer than usual for us to come back to you. We appreciate your understanding and patience during these unprecedented times.
Please no recruitment agencies, we’ll be managing this role in-house. Any resumes submitted outside of our process will be deemed the sole property of Optus.