|Job Type:||Full Time, Part Time|
If you are looking for an opportunity to take your career to the next level and gain exposure to the world of mergers and acquisitions then our market leading M&A transaction services team provides you with the perfect opportunity to get involved in a variety M&A transactions. Our team supports some of Australia's most iconic transactions across private equity and corporate Australia.
About the team
Our M&A Transaction Services team works closely with our clients through the entire M&A lifecycle to deliver due diligence information, financial analytics, advice on transaction related accounting and tax matters and reviewing sale and purchase agreements. Our collaborative team turns clients' frustration into assurance with sophisticated, technology-enhanced and tailored M&A advice. Our clients include Australian private and listed corporates, global enterprises, private equity firms and Government.
Our Sydney based team regularly collaborates with colleagues in Deloitte's national M&A practice to deliver multi-disciplinary insights to our clients, supporting them throughout the transaction lifecycle. Our M&A team are always looking for ways to innovate and this includes embedding data, analytics and insight into our diligence processes through our global leading edge data analytics platform, iDeal, which enables us to provide deeper insights into the businesses involved in any transaction and add value beyond the core due diligence advice.
What will your typical day look like?
As a Transaction Services Senior Analyst, you'll be provided with the opportunity to:
- Be part of a growing team that is passionate about developing you and your career in M&A transaction services;
- Partner with leading Australian private and listed corporates, global enterprises, private equity firms and Government departments to execute complex transactions;
- Work across a wide range of industries, gaining broad experience;
- Over time develop deep industry specialisation and focus with support to become a market leader in an industry you are passionate about;
- Team with our global colleagues on significant cross-border transactions, both in-bound and out-bound;
- Quickly develop a deep understanding of businesses through analysis of historical trading, quality of earnings, cash flow, working capital, net debt, capital expenditure, forecasts and underlying assumptions and drivers of business performance;
- Evaluate potential synergies and post-merger integration considerations; and
- Report on potential key opportunities and issues for our clients, including identification of risk or price factors impacting investment decisions as well as areas of opportunity.
Enough about us, let's talk about you
We are looking for highly motivated people ready to make a change or to progress their career in M&A. Ideally you are an accounting / finance professional with:
- An Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Finance, Business and/or Accounting
- Post graduate qualification or currently studying, e.g. CA, CPA, CFA, MBA or Masters in Applied Finance
- Structured thinking style with focus on detail to support financial analysis required in a complex transaction
- Exposure to or interest in the broader deal/ transaction process or M&A lifecycle
- Experience in a finance team (controllers, FP&A, etc.), audit, assurance, financial due diligence or corporate finance
- Sound understanding of accounting principles and concepts
- Desire to work as part of a collaborative, successful team and contribute to our innovative, open-minded and inclusive culture
- A curious mind-set as to the strategic and financial drivers of value
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia's borders. We value difference and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
If you've got any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about this role, contact our Talent Acquisition team. We'd love to hear from you.
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally. The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic
protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.