At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
The three streams of nickel concentrate from Mt Keith, Leinster & Cliffs sites come together at the Nickel West Kalgoorlie smelter, a vital part of our integrated business. The smelter uses a flash furnace to smelt concentrate to produce nickel matte. Nickel West Kwinana then refines granulated nickel matte from the Kalgoorlie smelter into premium-grade nickel powder and briquettes containing 99.8 per cent nickel. Nickel matte and metal are exported to overseas markets via the Port of Fremantle. Over 75% of BHP’s nickel is now sold to global battery material suppliers.
We are seeking applications from qualified candidates for the role of Fixed Plant Fitter. Working within the Mechanical Maintenance team you will be carrying out preventive, general maintenance and repair work.
- You will be responsible for working on rotating machinery, compressors, lubrication systems, hydraulics and pneumatic conveying systems;
- Inspect, diagnose, service and repair of Fixed Plant equipment;
- Overhaul and assembly of equipment in the Services area;
- Utilise computerised maintenance management systems;
- Maintaining a high level of housekeeping in the workshops;
- Undertaking training and upskilling as required;
- This is a Kalgoorlie residential area only role;
- Family friendly roster 5 & 2 (Monday - Friday).
Kalgoorlie is the largest inland city in Western Australia and due to its central location is positioned at the heart of the Goldfields as a vibrant mining town and a major gateway to the Eastern States. The City of Kalgoorlie/Boulder offers modern shopping facilities including big brand and local independent retailers, 4wd & cycle tracks, plenty of parks and playgrounds and schooling for all ages up to high school. There are contemporary housing options for all budgets.
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
* Relevant Fitting Trade Qualification (essential);
* Previous experience working in fixed plant maintenance (essential);
* Experience with rotating machinery, compressors, lubrication systems, acid plants, cooling towers, heat exchangers, hydraulics, dust handling, dry precipitation and pneumatic conveying equipment (advantageous);
* High level of computer literacy including 1SAP;
* Current full WA Drivers Licence (essential);
* High Risk Licence - Working at heights, Confined Space, Forklift and EWP (desirable);
* Have an overriding commitment to Health & Safety;
* Flexible, team-orientated approach with strong communications skills.
As part of the recruitment process for this position you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and participate in a background screen including a criminal history check, identity check and qualifications check..
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.