|Job Type:||Full Time|
LocationMilton (Corporate Office), Australia
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a leading supplier of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry, and our operations and organizations are spread around the globe. We offer you a world of opportunities and our diverse businesses and cross-border networks enable you to explore your potential and thrive.
The Assistant Accountant provides support to the Finance team by helping to perform financial reporting and accounting responsibilities of the entities within the scope of the financial accounting team. This role would suit a graduate looking to build a career in a large organisation.
Key performance areas (includes but not limited to)
- Assist with the preparation of month end reporting, including accounting for accruals and accounting for prepayments
- Assist with monthly reporting to the Global Head Office. Work to ensure all deadlines are met and queries regarding submissions are responded to in a timely manner
- Preparation of General Ledger Reconciliations
- Completion of intercompany recharge process
- Provide support to the wider Financial Control team and completion of other ad-hoc tasks as and when required
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Tertiary qualifications in finance/accounting - able to provide a transcript
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite – particularly Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team
- Be proactive, and focussed on system and reporting improvements
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Must be well organized, and able to meet deadlines
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in written form with internal parties and with external parties when required
Our core values are the soul of the company. They guide us in our actions and daily business decisions. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are a core value (Fair Play).
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards. Putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
We are a company with an open-minded culture, actively working to create a workplace that is characterized by diversity and inclusion.
What we offer
- 12% Superannuation contribution
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options, a company-wide bonus scheme, and Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits here.
07 3621 1823
Applications close: 26 November 2020 or sooner if the right applicant is found
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and sustainability. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry and rock excavation within the construction industry; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2019, the Group had approximately 40,000 employees and revenues of about 100 billion SEK in more than 160 countries within continuing operations.